Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Results: 2 June

Options
  • 20-05-2010 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭

I'm surprised nobody's asked about this yet, but thought I should mention this anyway: according to the UCD Registry Assessment website, provisional exam results will be up no later than 5PM on Wednesday 2 June. In previous years, results have sometimes been up very early on the day e.g. 1AM, though past performance is no guide to the future. :cool:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

This should be stickied until then so people don't come in with multiple threads asking about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Good to get nice, early provisionals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Mushy wrote: »
    This should be stickied until then so people don't come in with multiple threads asking about them.

As you wish, sahib.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

-dread-

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

If its the same as at christmas you can check if you've failed anything by looking at your total credits earned in SIS > Registration > Module Registration. That was up before the results were out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Devlina

Wooot results :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Wow June 2! Thats a lot earlier then i was expecting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Can someone please give me some info on this because I can't find anything on the UCD website.

If you have to resit an exam, do you resit it in august or at the end of the next semester?

Please help, I don't know if I passed everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Can someone please give me some info on this because I can't find anything on the UCD website.

If you have to resit an exam, do you resit it in august or at the end of the next semester?

Please help, I don't know if I passed everything.

Under the old system it used to be August. However under the new system it's the next semester (i.e. fail Christmas repeat in Summer, fail Summer repeat in Christmas).

El Siglo wrote: »
    Under the old system it used to be August. However under the new system it's the next semester (i.e. fail Christmas repeat in Summer, fail Summer repeat in Christmas).

Thank, one more question, if I have to resit of an exam (not a repeat of a module), do I still get to choose 6 other modules next semester which means I could have up to 7 exams at Christmas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

One of my lecturers has put the results up on blackboard, I scrapped an A by the skin of my teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Thank, one more question, if I have to resit of an exam (not a repeat of a module), do I still get to choose 6 other modules next semester which means I could have up to 7 exams at Christmas?
    In general, yes - you would proceed to the next stage if you earned 50 or more credits for the year, and then you'd choose or be assigned the next 6 subjects. But you still need the 180/240 credits before you'll be awarded a degree after 3/4 years, so it works on that basis i.e. you'd resit the exams to earn the credits. The need for credits is behind everything you do, basically.

I know a guy who had ten (10) exams in one session a couple of years ago. The horror ... the horror ... :eek:

— Kingsley Amis

bnt wrote: »
    In general, yes - you would proceed to the next stage if you earned 50 or more credits for the year, and then you'd choose or be assigned the next 6 subjects. But you still need the 180/240 credits before you'll be awarded a degree after 3/4 years, so it works on that basis i.e. you'd resit the exams to earn the credits. The need for credits is behind everything you do, basically.

I know a guy who had ten (10) exams in one session a couple of years ago. The horror ... the horror ... :eek:

Thanks ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Chet T16 wrote: »
    If its the same as at christmas you can check if you've failed anything by looking at your total credits earned in SIS > Registration > Module Registration. That was up before the results were out.

Has anyone checked this? I'm looking at mine in SIS.

Credit Information
    Req'd Earned Reg 09/10
    Stage 1 Core/Opt 50 0 50
    Stage 1 Elective 10 0 10

which means I have earned no credits? I did pass all of my christmas exams so should have 30 there anyway??

Then there is a credit statement which gives a list of my subjects which says I have a credit for each of my 12 subjects & GPA to be confirmed?

Anyone have any idea does this mean I've passed all my subjects or am I just being too optimistic ?

Don't worry about it. I only remember the SIS Registration thing from January, not from year's end, so I wouldn't read anything in to what you see there today. SIS only needs to be correct when you register for your next modules, and that doesn't happen till August.

Mine is currently showing no credits from Stage 2 (2008-9) OR Stage 3 (2009-10), though I know I got all 60 credits from Stage 2, so they're obviously doing something with the data. The "credit statement" and exam results page say they're recalculating my Stage 2 GPA, which is weird. Mine is a 3-yr B.Sc (Hons), so my degree GPA depends on Stage 2 (1/3) and Stage 3 (2/3). Hmmm ... can't wait till next Wednesday.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Yeh, you'll just be doing more exams that's all really. I've heard of people doing say four exams, then another three repeats. So if you've to do one repeat it's not too bad. Only problem is, if the module is offered in semester two and you're doing the repeat in semester one you won't be able to go to any lectures or tutorials which is a pain for revising and refreshing on stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

It used to be the case that if you didn't make the grades to qualify for a place in BSc (hons) courses at the end of 2nd year (50% average needed IIRC) that you had to repeat all your exams if you wanted to do a 4 year degree - that meant that some people who passed 12 exams in May would have to repeat all 12 in August. :eek:

It used to be the case that if you didn't make the grades to qualify for a place in BSc (hons) courses at the end of 2nd year (50% average needed IIRC) that you had to repeat all your exams if you wanted to do a 4 year degree - that meant that some people who passed 12 exams in May would have to repeat all 12 in August. :eek:

As sad as this may sound I would prefer to resit an exam in August rather than do it at Christmas on top of all the other exams for sem. 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Ain't looking forward to seeing these results tbh :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ant043

Ain't looking forward to seeing these results tbh :o

dreading them also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Dreading next year because I have to repeat Group Theory. Not worried about these results for this semester exams seemed to go well enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Fairly sure I'll have to repeat one - dreading it. Worst subject ever, I'm not sure I'll ever pass it.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mumtoe&e

Has anyone checked this? I'm looking at mine in SIS.

Credit Information
    Req'd Earned Reg 09/10
    Stage 1 Core/Opt 50 0 50
    Stage 1 Elective 10 0 10

which means I have earned no credits? I did pass all of my christmas exams so should have 30 there anyway??

Then there is a credit statement which gives a list of my subjects which says I have a credit for each of my 12 subjects & GPA to be confirmed?

Anyone have any idea does this mean I've passed all my subjects or am I just being too optimistic ?

Hey Littlefriend,
    No, I think that is the way everyones credit statement is at the moment - god I am DREADING opening these results. . . anyone think they will come out early on Wed?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

So, they changed the system and now there's no summer exams? Because I'm not sure about some of my modules :o and I'm coming back to Ireland late in August...

It's interesting, will the credits appear in sis web, I keep checking it every single day lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

You also know me, and I had 12 exams in summer of 2007 because I had surgery over the Christmas ones and missed them all :eek:

You also know me, and I had 12 exams in summer of 2007 because I had surgery over the Christmas ones and missed them all :eek:
    Yikes! Still, I can imagine the relief when that lot was under your belt ...

I'm going nuts today, frankly, and you can bet I'll be on SIS in the small hours of tomorrow morning, in case they release the results early. I'm on the borderline between a 2:1 and a 2:2 degree, and something small and stupid could swing it either way. :o

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Yikes! Still, I can imagine the relief when that lot was under your belt ...

I'm going nuts today, frankly, and you can bet I'll be on SIS in the small hours of tomorrow morning, in case they release the results early. I'm on the borderline between a 2:1 and a 2:2 degree, and something small and stupid could swing it either way. :o

Snap. Do you think there's any chance of the results being out sometime after midnight?

RichTea wrote: »
    Snap. Do you think there's any chance of the results being out sometime after midnight?
    It has definitely happened before, which is why I mentioned it, but don't ask me to give you any odds on that. If they're ready, they're ready, but if they're not, they're not. Out of our hands, it is.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

It has definitely happened before, which is why I mentioned it, but don't ask me to give you any odds on that. If they're ready, they're ready, but if they're not, they're not. Out of our hands, it is.

Yeah, I'd expect that. I'll be up anyway :pac:

By the way, anyone mathematically inclined?

My degree is balanced at 30% for 2nd year and 70% for 3rd year. Now I know I'll definitely screw my calculation up when it comes down to it (3rd level education - great!). What's the easiest way to work this out because apparently SIS isn't going to give your full degree classification with the provisional results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

RichTea wrote: »

It happened at Christmas, so I'm sure there's a chance.

Advertisement