Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Results: 2 June

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭WellCultured

It's happened EVERY semester for 3 years, so theres a slight change.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

RichTea wrote: »
    My degree is balanced at 30% for 2nd year and 70% for 3rd year. Now I know I'll definitely screw my calculation up when it comes down to it (3rd level education - great!). What's the easiest way to work this out because apparently SIS isn't going to give your full degree classification with the provisional results.
    Just take 30% of your 2nd year and add that to 70% of the 3rd year. In maths form: GPA = 0.3 (GPA2) + 0.7 (GPA3).
    It's happened EVERY semester for 3 years, so theres a slight change.
    I'm pretty sure that, in one semester last year, at least some folks weren't getting results until after 4PM. So, if people are posting "w00t!" here, but you don't see anything, Don't Panic! Try again later, and don't expect anything before 5PM.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Slippers 2

It used to be the case that if you didn't make the grades to qualify for a place in BSc (hons) courses at the end of 2nd year (50% average needed IIRC) that you had to repeat all your exams if you wanted to do a 4 year degree - that meant that some people who passed 12 exams in May would have to repeat all 12 in August. :eek:

I started Science in 2003. At the end of second year I didn't get into the Honours stream but I don't remember hearing anything about repeating. I had ten units in third year. The science booklet said if you passed 8 and averaged 50% in your best 6 you would get a fourth year anyway. Didn't happen for me but it still sounds easier than repeating all your second year exams in August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Slippers 2 wrote: »
    I started Science in 2003. At the end of second year I didn't get into the Honours stream but I don't remember hearing anything about repeating. I had ten units in third year. The science booklet said if you passed 8 and averaged 50% in your best 6 you would get a fourth year anyway. Didn't happen for me but it still sounds easier than repeating all your second year exams in August.

Is this still the system used for people who want to do a BSc (Hons) or has it changed, do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Dumb question, sorry but I can't remember - how are we notified of our results?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Dumb question, sorry but I can't remember - how are we notified of our results?

SIS Web, log in there and go to Information For Students, and then go to Student Records. Should be around there somewhere, if thats what you mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Could go either way. Out of four I think I may have f'd up two. :( It's impossible to tell, I got a B for something I thought I may have failed last semester.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Two words - ****ting it.

Can't afford the repeats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

68 people in the UCD forum, wonder what's so special about tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 unreg55555

nothing so far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I wish to god they'd go up so I can start looking for a full time job if I have to :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

It was about 1am at Xmas that they went up iirc

Who's betting on a sea of threads asking about what passing by compensation means. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I hate you UCD.

Followed by another wave of "when do I repeat?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Hurry up UCD!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Its only twenty past 12! Surely they wouldnt be out this soon!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 CocoMolby

God help us all. They should come online at midnight so we can all sleep well after knowing for certain of our failure

-C

I was 1 click away from starting a thread stating exams results were up, but I'd imagine that would be a quick way to become the most hated person in this forum.

Its only twenty past 12! Surely they wouldnt be out this soon!?

They done so around this time before. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

dyl10 wrote: »
    I was 1 click away from starting a thread stating exams results were up, but I'd imagine that would be a quick way to become the most hated person in this forum.

That'd be a shame seeing as you've spent so long doing it the traditional way :P

How does this actually work?

Do they have all the results input and assigned to each account and then they just set a timer for them to become available?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'm so dreading this. Come on already.

dyl10 wrote: »
    How does this actually work?

Do they have all the results input and assigned to each account and then they just set a timer for them to become available?

Yeah i think that's what they do, because I can't imagine the entire tierney building staying up to all hours putting up everyones results lol

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭pseudo_23

i didnt get mine until close to the 5pm deadline at xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Two words - ****ting it.

Can't afford the repeats.

This. I'll barely be able to afford to even repeat 1, let alone if I fail more than 1.

pseudo_23 wrote: »
    i didnt get mine until close to the 5pm deadline at xmas

Really? I got mine at midnight. This is actually such a clown college

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    They done so around this time before. :)

Ha in my last college you wouldnt get them til about 4pm in the day, oh i better go see how I fared so! Or maybe I will just leave it to morning, clearly blackboard will be jammers now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

I...believe in...us?! Come onnn already UCD...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

Didn't get mine til the morning last semester.. stayed up til 2 and they weren't available.. do they roll them out course by course maybe?

Advertisement