Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Results: 2 June

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Failed one...I'm totally clueless about these things so here goes the endless questions - does this mean I have to repeat the whole module?

Can't compensate. I'm all compensated out.

Think it depends on whether the module offers a repeat or resit. I'm sure you'll be emailed about it at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

You know the way that both 2.2 and 2.1 are 'second class honours'? Does that mean if your course requirements are for 'second class honours' does that mean they accept a 2.2?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Managed to get 3 A's and 3 B's which was unexpected but not unwelcome at all:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

playa3 wrote: »
    Managed to get 3 A's and 3 B's which was unexpected but not unwelcome at all:D

G'wan thje Arsenalk!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

kateos2 wrote: »
    Think it depends on whether the module offers a repeat or resit. I'm sure you'll be emailed about it at some stage.

**** so I might have to do the whole module or just that exam? Can anyone enlighten me further?

PS: Fair ****s Kate :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Got B's and C's, happy about that. For another module I got E(C) can anyone let me know what that means?

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

RosyLily wrote: »
    Got B's and C's, happy about that. For another module I got E(C) can anyone let me know what that means?

E(C) = passed by compensation.

So you got an E in the module but your overall GPA was above 2.0 meaning you pass the module. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Failed one as I expected. But so relieved I passed the others.

**** so I might have to do the whole module or just that exam? Can anyone enlighten me further?

PS: Fair ****s Kate :D

It depends.

If the module is offered in Semester 1 next year you can repeat the whole module: go to classes, do CA's etc.

If it's not you'll just be resitting thje final exam

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Between this thread coming up in the main feed and all the results coming up on my facebook feed I'm getting nervous about my results. Damn you UCD!

• Advertisement

Frisbee wrote: »
    G'wan thje Arsenalk!

I've been in the pub so I hope you have a valid excuse for the poor spelling!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Conch

I just stumbled across this page during my stressing out over results. I got 50 out of 60 credits and a GPA of 2.07. Very bad i know, Im in first year does this mean I can progress to stage 2? Im just worried because my stage says incomplete. Any information would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

Hopefully the final results doesn't change. My D's are worth of gold right now lol :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

3.08 is the lower limit of a 2.1 in Graduate Diploma, Higher Diploma, LEvel 8 Honours Bachelors Degree and taught Masters. 2.49 - 3.07 is a 2.2

I got A-, A-, B, B- and a P (neutral) for the 5 modules i did as part of a M.Sc.

From : http://www.ucd.ie/registry/assessment/student_info/ModularGradesExplainedStudents.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Thanks SmashingPilot.

Can't believe I compensated in my final year...raging!!! Wouldn't mind only I clicked on the module title in SIS and I got E+! GRRRRR!!!!

Here's hoping it gets changed for final results. Think I'm borderline 2nd class honours grade 1.

playa3 wrote: »
    I've been in the pub so I hope you have a valid excuse for the poor spelling!:pac:

Yeah I've downed like 5 bottles of Singha in the last half hour in celecbration... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Corrrect

Nice one, just checked the result of it. Got 21.5% :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Conch wrote: »
    I just stumbled across this page during my stressing out over results. I got 50 out of 60 credits and a GPA of 2.07. Very bad i know, Im in first year does this mean I can progress to stage 2? Im just worried because my stage says incomplete. Any information would be greatly appreciated

From reading the document I quoted above, you need to pass 45/60 credits. You seem to have passed 50/60. You also need a GPA avg > 2.00 which you have 2.07. Thus, I imagine you should get Pass by compensation for any Es you got. If those failed modules are < E you may have to repeat them. That is my interpretation from just reading this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭mc1990

B-, B-, B-, B, B+, B+.....delighted :D should be back now in September for masters. Really hope those results don't change when the final results come out, but none of my results have ever changed when they switched from provisional to final so I'm hoping it'll be ok.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

It depends.

If the module is offered in Semester 1 next year you can repeat the whole module: go to classes, do CA's etc.

If it's not you'll just be resitting thje final exam

Cheers! Think it's only semester two...so I'll just be repeating the exam.

• Advertisement

Yeah I've downed like 5 bottles of Singha in the last half hour in celecbration... :pac:

Fair enpugh so, fire away.

Silly question, but how does one find out if a module is offered as just a resit of the exam, or a repeat of the whole module?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

RichTea wrote: »
    Quite disappointed.
    RichTea wrote: »
    You know the way that both 2.2 and 2.1 are 'second class honours'? Does that mean if your course requirements are for 'second class honours' does that mean they accept a 2.2?

Take it back, I'm actually quite proud of what I've achieved considering my early difficulties in UCD. I've loved it. In limbo at the moment but totally worth it.

Well done to all. Apparently the boards.ie UCD forum is home to some geniuses!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Mine came through, finally: I calculate my degree GPA at 3.02, just shy of the 3,08 needed for a 2.1 degree. If I had taken a different elective in S1, and gotten a C or better rather than a fail and a resit, I'd be over that line. Would be nice if they bumped me up in the final results, but I'm not expecting anything. :o

PS: if you have questions about how to interpret the results, or what happens next, get the official UCD information from the Registrar.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

Nice one, just checked the result of it. Got 21.5% :o

Oh dear, my macro was the one I was way too scared to see the result. Got 40%, I'm lucky, 16 questions answered correctly :D.

They don't change the results when the finals come?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

C- in an exam I thought I did well in and a C+ in an essay I thought I did absolutely terrible in.

Bit odd and grades for the second semester are pretty decent overall. Dropped my GPA from the first semester but still on a comfortable 2.1. Good thesis and I should be back in for a first. Good luck to everyone else :)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Slippers 2

Is this still the system used for people who want to do a BSc (Hons) or has it changed, do you know?

I had a quick look at the 2009/10 handbook:
    www.ucd.ie/science/current_students/downloads/2009-2010/UCD_Science_Student_Handbook_2009_2010.pdf

I don't think they seperate people into Honours/General streams at the end of 2nd Year any more. Looks like if you get a GPA of 2.48 or higher in 3rd Year you get into 4th Year. If your GPA is less that 2.48 in 3rd Year I don't know if repeating exams/modules/the-whole-year changes your GPA (there was no GPA in my day). Even if it does I don't know if the authorities would count it for progression to 4th Year or if they'd stick with your original GPA.

Lucet wrote: »
    Oh dear, my macro was the one I was way too scared to see the result. Got 40%, I'm lucky, 16 questions answered correctly :D.

They don't change the results when the finals come?

I got 45% in Macro last Semester. I wasn't really bothered going to the Micro lectures this semester, which now I can see was very stupid! Haha

Nah, I doubt they'll change results from an MCQ Paper.

I got 45% in Macro last Semester. I wasn't really bothered going to the Micro lectures this semester, which now I can see was very stupid! Haha

Nah, I doubt they'll change results from an MCQ Paper.

MCQ no, but I'm scared about my other D- :D. Hopefully that's it, no more sick subjects to do.

Anyone knows did anyone got downgraded when the final results came? Or I'm just getting paranoid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Holy shit!! Made it through first year without having to repeat anything by the skin of my teeth! Failed three overall (one from last semester) but managed to pass them all by compensation! :D I haven't got the most amazing GPA but don't care, I don't have to repeat anything :)

So happy!

Advertisement