Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Results: 2 June

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Pretty sure that ive managed to wrangle a 2.1 out of this place somehow. Think my total gpa is 3.09 but im just not sure if 2nd year was worth 33% or 40%. If its the latter then that would not be cool in the slightest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

D, D+, C-, B+, A-, A

I am SO happy with that D+, I had the repeat money set aside and all :D

A- in Macroeconomics, that was one day in the library before the exam...who knows what I could do when I put in some effort :p

Congrats to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Lucet wrote: »
    MCQ no, but I'm scared about my other D- :D. Hopefully that's it, no more sick subjects to do.

Anyone knows did anyone got downgraded when the final results came? Or I'm just getting paranoid?

Yeah, have a D- myself. Hopefully it'll be grand!

I ain't sure what way the final results work, but I'd imagine they don't mark them down after the provisional results. It's prolly to change from when people appeal etc. Although, I really don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

Yeah, have a D- myself. Hopefully it'll be grand!

I ain't sure what way the final results work, but I'd imagine they don't mark them down after the provisional results. It's prolly to change from when people appeal etc. Although, I really don't know.

Thanks. Hopefully it's true, I just can't believe that I passed and it's finished. Can I go drink vodka now? No downgrading?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

What happens if you fail a repeat? Welcome to stage X? Leads me onto the next question, what exactly is stage X?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mumtoe&e

DELIGHTED :D
    1 yr down 3 to go:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

mumtoe&e wrote: »
    DELIGHTED :D
    1 yr down 3 to go:rolleyes:

niceee, for me 2 to go. gosh i got drunk by my own. gonna be sorry tomoro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Sunshine and Lolly-pops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

Due to the rounding of decimals to fractions in my percentage marks for the lab and mid-term parts of a module I've been give a total percentage of 69.9985%, which is a B+, if you do the maths right without rounding the fraction I should actually have 70% on the dot, which is a A-.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

I passed everything this year anyway (barely), 60/60 credits. I only finish 1st year so I really couldn't give a flying fuck about the GPA (as 1st year GPA doesn't count to my degree), it was shite anyway. I guess my lade back attitude will soon change as the years progress :P:rolleyes:

Dumb dee dumb dee dumb!! Now I can finally enjoy the summer. :):):D:D

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Frisbee wrote: »
    I just cracked a celebratory beer.

On my own.

In my room.

Weird?

Hell, I feel a bender coming on today anyway. :pac:

Congrats all, and also commiserations to our less fortunate brethern. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Just got 2 results. An A and a B. GPA of 3.6 so far. Just a minor 100 page 45 credit thesis to do now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 InkyPinky123

Hey everyone,
    I'm freaking out over one of my results, an NG... I don't understand because I submitted my essay on time and I was very happy with it. Also, the module tells me that I received an A- in 25% of the module's contribution/attendence.. but still the result is NG? The rest of my results are 4 b's and an A so having an NG in the middle of these results is really pulling me down and apparently you can't even comopensate pass without an actual grade. If anyone has any ideas what this is about I'd appreciate some comforting words =[

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Hey everyone,
    I'm freaking out over one of my results, an NG... I don't understand because I submitted my essay on time and I was very happy with it. Also, the module tells me that I received an A- in 25% of the module's contribution/attendence.. but still the result is NG? The rest of my results are 4 b's and an A so having an NG in the middle of these results is really pulling me down and apparently you can't even comopensate pass without an actual grade. If anyone has any ideas what this is about I'd appreciate some comforting words =[

I have no idea how to go about it but it sounds like they either lost your essay or there was a glitch where they didn't input your grade into the system. I suppose the first port of call would be your departmenr!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Hey everyone,

Definitely a mistake. Sounds like they have given you no mark at all for your essay - ring them today. Don't worry. Well done on everything else so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

OP look at post 24 in the 'exam results in less than 24 hours' thread

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Hey everyone,

I had an experience of this here

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭perri winkles

Can anyone help? I got an E but it doesn't say I passed by compensation :( Does that mean I can't compensate it? Totally screwed :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Can anyone help? I got an E but it doesn't say I passed by compensation :( Does that mean I can't compensate it? Totally screwed :(:(
    From the Modular Grades Explained document:
    E grades are failing grades, which have a grade point value of 1.6. These E
    grades may convert to E(C) (pass with compensation) only where you have
    completed and obtained passing grades in modules accounting for 75% or
    more of the total credit required to successfully complete the stage (usually
    9 modules) and the compensation GPA for the attempt at the stage is 2.00
    or greater. Provisional E grades are then considered compensated and final
    grades of E(C) are awarded.
    (emphasis added).
    In short, if you passed 9 other subjects this year, and your GPA is 2.0 or better, the E will be changed to E(C) in the final results.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

Thanks so much bnt!

Was getting a bit worried as others seem to already know their grades were compensated. Defo have passed 9! Fingers crossed !!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭damselnat

I'm in a similar boat there mate!! Got three E's, but the 45 credits, and a GPA of 2.4 or thereabouts, so I presume I've passed the three by compensation, but not sure how to go about checking this? Do I wait for the final results or is there another way I can just do it now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Ninaaurelie

Hi I have a GPA of 2.75 but I have failed one module (F) as I have gained Accreditation of Prior Learning for 20 credits I only attempted 40 credits worth of work. Therefor as I have only achieved 35/ 40 credits can I still pass this one module by compensation?

Also the fact that I have accreditation of prior learning for 20credits does not show up in my sis account or anywhere else.

Please help if you can,

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Hi I have a GPA of 2.75 but I have failed one module (F) as I have gained Accreditation of Prior Learning for 20 credits I only attempted 40 credits worth of work. Therefor as I have only achieved 35/ 40 credits. Can I still pass this one module by compensation?

Also the fact that I have accreditation of prior learning for 20credits does not show up in my sis account or anywhere else.

Please help if you can,

Afraid not, only an E can be compensated, an F has to be repeated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

*Sigh*

Still nada, just emailed lecturer there to see what the story is :pac:

damselnat wrote: »
    I'm in a similar boat there mate!! Got three E's, but the 45 credits, and a GPA of 2.4 or thereabouts, so I presume I've passed the three by compensation, but not sure how to go about checking this? Do I wait for the final results or is there another way I can just do it now?

What I got from bnt's post was that you will know for definite when the final results come out. I'm going to ring my programme office today and ask just to be sure! They will (hopefully) be able to comfirm that it will be compensated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Ninaaurelie

Ah thought that might be the case thank you anyway:)

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

Hi,

I passed all of my five modules in Semester 1, Stage 2.

I passed six modules in Semester 2, Stage 2. I got an 'E' grade in the seventh module.

I have a 2.78 GPA.

Thus, I have earned 55 credits out of 66.

Should I be able to convert this 'E' into a E(C) (pass with compensation)?

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

Would appreciate anyones advice on this.

I got my final year results and I got a overall GPA of 3.605 which is a 2.1.

A first is from 3.68 so i was 0.075 off a first which is such a headwreck..but looking at it maybe 0.075 is actually a good bit off, it justs sounds like nothing, am I right??

If i was only a little bit off I would try appeal or something (even though I don't really think I deserve a first) but maybe Im a good bit off?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

A- A- B+ B- B- C bringing a total of a 2.1.

Will take that.

Adios UCD!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Ballerina wrote: »
    Would appreciate anyones advice on this.

I got my final year results and I got a overall GPA of 3.605 which is a 2.1.

A first is from 3.68 so i was 0.075 off a first which is such a headwreck..but looking at it maybe 0.075 is actually a good bit off, it justs sounds like nothing, am I right??

If i was only a little bit off I would try appeal or something (even though I don't really think I deserve a first) but maybe Im a good bit off?

You would probably need to be upgraded in 2 or 3 modules probably.

Advertisement