Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Results: 2 June

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Ballerina wrote: »
    Would appreciate anyones advice on this.

I got my final year results and I got a overall GPA of 3.605 which is a 2.1.

A first is from 3.68 so i was 0.075 off a first which is such a headwreck..but looking at it maybe 0.075 is actually a good bit off, it justs sounds like nothing, am I right??

If i was only a little bit off I would try appeal or something (even though I don't really think I deserve a first) but maybe Im a good bit off?

Well, do you feel any particular module was undermarked? Like did you get a C+ in something you thought was an A? Did you do a thesis/project, something that was a big chunk of marks. You could get this rechecked and potentially go up a score.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

1968 wrote: »
    Hi,

I passed all of my five modules in Semester 1, Stage 2.

I passed six modules in Semester 2, Stage 2. I got an 'E' grade in the seventh module.

I have a 2.78 GPA.

Thus, I have earned 55 credits out of 66.

Should I be able to convert this 'E' into a E(C) (pass with compensation)?

Yes you will be able to compensate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Shouldn't the E have been automatically changed to an E(C)?

My E from semester 1 has changed now and i have 60 credits

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Chet T16 wrote: »
    Shouldn't the E have been automatically changed to an E(C)?

My E from semester 1 has changed now and i have 60 credits

Yeah they usually do, it might not have changed for two reasons:

(1) It won't be compensated until the final results come out for some reason

(2) It's non-compensatable as it's a Core Module. iirc some core modules can't be compensated.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭perri winkles

I just called UCD there about my E grade and whether it would be compensated in the final results.

I was told that because they have that new system where everything is spread over 2nd and 3rd year (Im in Arts 2nd year) , I won't know if its compensated till NEXT YEAR in 3rd year's summer results!!

So instead of just having to pass 9 modules in 2nd year to compensate, I have to pass 18 modules over the two years :confused:

So either I take the risk and hope I pass next year, or repeat it.

Anyone else think this sounds a bit strange? I've had trouble with Ucd before and being told different things, so I don't really know what to do :(:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 IrishRottie

hi everyone

terrible 1st yr, didnt put in the work and it showed. anyway.

first semester i passed with a 2.28. The second semester a 1.47.

2 e's, G, D-, B-, B.

Can anyone tell me if its possible to get a compensation and if i can even get into second year. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 chapster

Ballerina wrote: »
    Would appreciate anyones advice on this.

I got my final year results and I got a overall GPA of 3.605 which is a 2.1.

A first is from 3.68 so i was 0.075 off a first which is such a headwreck..but looking at it maybe 0.075 is actually a good bit off, it justs sounds like nothing, am I right??

If i was only a little bit off I would try appeal or something (even though I don't really think I deserve a first) but maybe Im a good bit off?

You need to be upgraded by three grades; i.e go from a B --> B+ in three modules or else from a B- --> A- in one.

On a related note, my GPA for third year is 3.7 and fourth year is 3.65; my course is weighted 50/50, giving me a total GPA of 3.675.
    I have never seen a GPA with 3 decimal places before so can anyone tell me for certain if this will be rounded up to 3.68 [and a first!]?
    I assume it will be but some certainty would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Conor775

What does the grade P(R) mean?

Also, i got 55/60 credits. It says stage 1 incomplete but i definitely still passed the year right?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

Conor775 wrote: »
    What does the grade P(R) mean?

Also, i got 55/60 credits. It says stage 1 incomplete but i definitely still passed the year right?

Not sure, but I think it means you passed your repeat :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

I'm doing a one year masters.
    Its says stage 1 incomplete, I got 50 / 60 credits.

How do I know if I have to repeat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

It's going to say incomplete until your thesis is done (mine says Stage 1 Incomplete too with 60/60), but go and check with the school office anyway about whether or not you have to repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Got: A+, A, A, A, A-, B

Thinking of rechecking the A- though. Got 69% in the exam...worth a shot?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

Got: A+, A, A, A, A-, B

Thinking of rechecking the A- though. Got 69% in the exam...worth a shot?

I got 69.9995% in a module, I even e-mailed the lecturer and he said there was nothing he could do, I'm considering a recheck too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

They only round up 2 places surely. at 69.99 you have the A

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Inspired171

Hi you guys

I only got 30/60 credits and a gpa less than 2.0. Gutted :(

Anyone know what I should do next and if there's any way I will pass into 2nd year?

Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Doesn't sound good. Go grovelling to your lecturers and look at your scripts, see if there is room for you to be graded up.

You might have a chance with skipping through with only 2 fails.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

They only round up 2 places surely. at 69.99 you have the A

My lecturer said that wasn't the case, I think Ill look into it a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭deereidy

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but anyone in Plant and Animal Genetics? (Gene 20010.) I got an F as a provisional grade, but looking over the breakdown of results they don't seem to add up, and they gave me an NG in labwork even though I did most of it. The grade for my midterm is an E even though I got 60% in it. Anyways, its great that UCD are trying to give us the results back so fast, not so great when they make mistakes..

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭queensinead

I am still unsure about this 2:1 thing. Everywhere I check, including UCD web, it says a 2:1 starts at GPA 3.08

But on some of the Masters programmes it says a 2:1 is 3.2

I got GPA 3.18. But on the History school web page it says to do a MA you must have a 2:1, which it lists as GPA 3.2

Damn, it looks like I don't have a high enough GPA to do the History masters, although I got a 2:1, or did I?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I am still unsure about this 2:1 thing. Everywhere I check, including UCD web, it says a 2:1 starts at GPA 3.08

But on some of the Masters programmes it says a 2:1 is 3.2

I got GPA 3.18. But on the History school web page it says to do a MA you must have a 2:1, which it lists as GPA 3.2

Damn, it looks like I don't have a high enough GPA to do the History masters, although I got a 2:1, or did I?

A 2.1 is 3.08, the school of history have raised the entry requirement to a 3.2 GPA due to the anticipated higher rate of applicants due to the whole recession thing that we're currently experiencing.

Have you been provisionally accepted prior to getting your results?

• Advertisement

pithater1 wrote: »
    A 2.1 is 3.08, the school of history have raised the entry requirement to a 3.2 GPA due to the anticipated higher rate of applicants due to the whole recession thing that we're currently experiencing.

Have you been provisionally accepted prior to getting your results?

No, I have not. I probably heard the wrong message. When I was talking to the guy in the History School he said there would be no problem, so long as I got a 2:1, and I should apply on line. I did not realize that the Masters was so popular, or that others had been provisionally accepted. The guy sounded so positive. I thought I would be accepted after results, provided I made the 2:1

Stupidly, I did not apply for any other Masters....and am booked to go abroad to work for the summer........

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Drop them a line in either case, a 3.18 may well be enough to get you in.

pithater1 wrote: »
    Drop them a line in either case, a 3.18 may well be enough to get you in.

Thank you, Pithater1 for clearing up issues on the 2:1. I guess I should not have put all my eggs in one basket, and need to contact them, and hope for a slim chance of getting accepted

Its amazing how you can convince yourself of something, like, "I'm doing well in History. I'll be doing an MA in it next year if my results hold." The lesson is, I guess, read the small print, and give yourself plenty of options....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

If you look on SIS now, but see no results, that's normal - they are closed for finalization. The Final results will be posted on 18 June, no later than 5PM.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

Advertisement