Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can't upload pics.

Options
  • 20-05-2010 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭

I have tried to upload some hunting photos from my computer to use when posting a thread and it won't work, what am I doing wrong.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Hi there.

What error message are you getting when you try to upload?

I assume you're trying to attach them to a post using the "manage attachments" button located under "attach files", below the message text box when posting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭cbrjohnthou

sceptre wrote: »
    Hi there.

What error message are you getting when you try to upload?

I assume you're trying to attach them to a post using the "manage attachments" button located under "attach files", below the message text box when posting?

how's it goin.
    yep I am using the 'manage attachments' button under attach files. I then select the photo, it tries to upload and after a while I get an error message stating,
    HTTP 500
    WEB page under maintenance.

I then get a message from boards stating ' invalid post specified, if you followed valid link contact administrator'

It is saynig that the website cannot display due to an internal server problem HTTP 500, I have tried about ten times now :mad:,

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

That's... odd. Sorry, not very helpful but it is odd. Error 500 is one of those vague "something went wrong, no more information" errors unfortunately.

Let's try something just to see if it's likely to be towards your end. Leaving pictures aside for a moment, can you save a small text file using notepad (just something with a small few characters in it) and upload it either to this thread or to a new thread in the Test forum? What's the extension on the file you've been trying to upload and how big is it? The limit is 5 megs as far as I remember and it supports most but not all popular formats so I'm trying to eliminate the possibility of an unsupported file (though I'd expect a different error message rather than a server one if that was the case).

I tried to upload this small text to see if it would work.

• Advertisement

I think I have it sorted, for some reason I can't upload ant pics taken with the camera but it uploads no prob any older pics or ones taken on the phone. the prob is obviously on my end.

Thanks for your help all the same:)

Advertisement