Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help me value a car please

• 20-05-2010 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭

Can I get a hand valuing the following car?

2010 Fiat 500
    1.2 Manual
    Pop Spec
    16 inch alloys
    New Orleans Blue Metallic
    Electric mirrors
    5,000KMs

Any thoughts?

Please, let's not discuss who, where or why - I just need a hand arriving at a value...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Divorce Referendum

If its a hatchback id say about 13-14 grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭alias no.9

A trade in price or a retail? The 1.2 Pop can be had for €9,995 + extras + delivery under the scrappage scheme, so I'm thinking south of that for a trade in or marginally above it retail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Private sale, so competing with dealer's cars, but without the ability to offer scrappage or take a trade-in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

If its a hatchback id say about 13-14 grand.

It's a second hand car. A brand new car with that spec is a lot cheaper than that...

I'm just wondering how you came up with that figure? :confused:

@OP - it depends a lot on if it is a FIAT main dealer cash sale, a scrappage sale (a base model is going for less than 10k I think?) or a private sale and how keen the seller is to sell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Ah, private sale. I didn't post in time for the update. In a private sale I'd ask for 10,495 and hold out for most of that unless I needed a quick sale. If I needed a quick sale, I'd ask for 9,995

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    It's a second hand car. A brand new car with that spec is a lot cheaper than that...

I'm just wondering how you came up with that figure? :confused:

@OP - it depends a lot on if it is a FIAT main dealer cash sale, a scrappage sale (a base model is going for less than 10k I think?) or a private sale and how keen the seller is to sell

irrespective of the scrappage scheme competing against him which i never thought of.. doh.. Is the car not around 16,000 without the scrappage scheme?

RRP is €12,695
    Alloys - €500
    Metallic - €300
    Elec Mirrors - €95
    Delivery - €500?

All in this car retails at €14,100otr brand new, before discount, before scrappage.
    As a second hand car with 5,000KMs it will have to compete with these new cars, and seem like value relative to them, in order to sell.

-Chris- wrote: »
    RRP is €12,695
    Alloys - €500
    Metallic - €300
    Elec Mirrors - €95
    Delivery - €500?

All in this car retails at €14,100otr brand new, before discount, before scrappage.
    As a second hand car with 5,000KMs it will have to compete with these new cars, and seem like value relative to them, in order to sell.

Cant wait till the end of the srappage scheme then?

No rush on selling it, just looking to get an idea of what it's worth.

I don't know if the scrappage scheme ending will make values come back up though - I'd say a lot of the superminis sold this year had a scrappage element to them, and all those cars will be competing against each other next year or in subsequent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭CosmicJay

If it is 10k new with scrappage.

Maybe advertise at 9'495 and hope that a person who isn't eligible for scrappage buys it as a nearly new car. On the plus I haven't many of them for sale second hand.

Definitely less than 10k as it makes no sense to buy it otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

CosmicJay wrote: »

Maybe advertise at 9'495 and hope that a person who isn't eligible for scrappage buys it as a nearly new car. On the plus I haven't many of them for sale second hand.

I'd agree, most people will simly overlook it on carzone listings if a dealer has a new one for less - scrappage or not.

On a straight sale, a dealer would probably get as close as possible to the scrappage price within reason making a new one not a lot more than the used one. If you could get a new one for about a grand more in the colour you want etc...

9-9.5k ish would make it more sellable imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

CosmicJay wrote: »

I was going to say the same... It would have to be at least 9.5k to be competitive, aiming at both the scrappage scheme and non scrappage scheme market. At the same time you could just aim for the non scrappage scheme market, price it higher and hopefully someones father has a big wallet for their 18th :p

Thanks for all the opinions so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

If it was my car, and I wanted to sell it...

I would price it at €9 750.00

but take €9 250.00

You would have to price it so that you get some interest in it, but be prepaired to accept a reasonable offer.

I don't think that anything over €10K will get any interest

I personally value my current car at about €10K, but if I wanted to sell it, I would have to price it at the magic €6K mark.

OK, I can see a trend. Thanks all for your help.

/thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement