Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sorry, I thought you said get faster before the 100th Marathon

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Well done again on the week getting back into it. Great stuff. Ridiculous but great! ;)
    Enjoy the day off tomorrow.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Poor effort. I expect 101 miles next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Izoard

Jaysus...so this is how to properly train for Conn...<gulp!>

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Izoard wrote: »

30 mile weeks. You'll be grand.

Normal people don't train for Conn, Eamo looks like he's trying to break 5:30 this year. :)

More seriously Eamonn, savage training. I've done one or two 70 mile weeks, couldn't imagine going over that. What was your total time spent training this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Poor effort. I expect 101 miles next week.

Sorry RQ, I'll try harder next week, feck the Schedule. I'll get the 101 miles done by Wednseday and put my feet up for the rest of the week
    Izoard wrote: »
    And its only on the build up, should be up to 200 mpw by March, If you're not doing 80+ miles by now, there's no hope in Conn (joking :D)

What was your total time spent training this week?

I'll have to check the overall time and let you know later, but because of the slow pace, it would be a lot longer than you think.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Lovely rest yesterday and greatly benefited. Noticable improvement in the legs today

Lunchtime Recovery 4.1M in 38:17 (9:19 pace)

Evening Run 6M in 54:51 (9:08 pace)
    Although there wasnt must difference in pace overall between the two runs, I gradually picked up the pace as the miles passed in the evening run. The whole Skeletal Frame felt a lot more intact this evening (as opposed the rattling sensation all last week), allowing me to run with a more comfortable posture and tweak up the speed a bit more.

Total miles today 10.1M

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

I just want to take a long nap after reading your log, that mileage is unreal. Well done!
    You make the rest of us look like we're dossing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

Were starting to cook with gas now eamonn. Laodsa long runs, absolutly love them:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Oisin11178 wrote: »
    Were starting to cook with gas now eamonn. Laodsa long runs, absolutly love them:D

You know what happens when you cook with gas, KABOOM :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

You'd know all about that :pac:

• Advertisement

Yeah and loadsa explosions in conn, just ask meno:D

Ouch! All that gas and hot air, someone open a window. :D

In Cork for the next few days. Had a good run out the Model Farm Road and right through Ballincollig and came back down the neverending Carrigohane Road. Pace wasn't great today, spent too much time daydreaming about spicy chicken wings and surloin steak. Took much less time to eat it after the run, nyom :D

15M in 2.30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Aimman wrote: »
    In Cork for the next few days. Had a good run out the Model Farm Road and right through Ballincollig and came back down the neverending Carrigohane Road.

That used to be my regular training route a few years ago...the lighting on the footpath as you begin the 'straight rd' is shockingly poor and I often came very close to twisting an ankle on the side of the path. Hope you managed to run it in daylight??

jcsmum wrote: »
    I just want to take a long nap after reading your log, that mileage is unreal. Well done!
    You make the rest of us look like we're dossing.

I'll swap training plans with you. You seem to be doing better speeds then me

belcarra wrote: »
    That used to be my regular training route a few years ago...the lighting on the footpath as you begin the 'straight rd' is shockingly poor and I often came very close to twisting an ankle on the side of the path. Hope you managed to run it in daylight??

No, it was after 5, it was the first time I wore a hi vis jacket for a training run for the section of the Model Farm Road where the path runs out. The straight road is a dodgy path in the dark alright, worse with the bicycles wizzing past all the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

In Cork,Had a run
    they dont count unless their done in dublin:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

In Cork for the next few days. Had a good run out the Model Farm Road and right through Ballincollig and came back down the neverending Carrigohane Road. Pace wasn't great today, spent too much time daydreaming about spicy chicken wings and surloin steak. Took much less time to eat it after the run, nyom :D

15M in 2.30

Never ending?! I did an out and back on that road on Sunday and it was the most thrilling running experience of my life... :pac:

ultraman1 wrote: »
    they dont count unless their done in dublin:p

But Country Miles are longer then Dublin Miles, so in fact, I ran 25 Dublin miles yesterday, I'm claiming a new PB :P
    xebec wrote: »
    Never ending?! I did an out and back on that road on Sunday and it was the most thrilling running experience of my life... :pac:

I'm still scarred from the Marathon in 2008 and 2009, where we had to run the whole lenght of the road. It's nice and flat, but with only 3 miles left to go in the race, it seems that City Council building never gets any nearer.:(

Thursday - AM 4M
    was supposed to do 6M in the evening, but work got in the way.

Friday, Was supposed to do 12M, but after delays at work,got home from Cork too late to do any running.

Saturday
    Was supposed to meet the boardsies in the park for 18M, but I woke up at 7am and because I missed the 12M yesterday, I got it in my head to drop over to Portumna for the WOI Marathon as an LSR. Scrambled my bits and pieces together and headed off.

Nothing major to report, ran a few quicker miles with jonny99 but after a loo pit stop, I didn't fancy upping the pace further to catch up (no offence jonny99, just didn't want to chance the extra burst in the legs with the extra miles ahead). Sauntered along casually with the odd stop at the car for drinks etc and finished in 4:29 which was grand cos I was aiming for 4:30 on the feet. Ran the extra 1M back to the car park to get into Ultra territory

Not a bad day, Got a longer LSR in then planned and completed marathon No. 31

27.2 miles for the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭jonny99

No worries, I bore myself sometimes:D.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

jaysus eammo,leave a few miles for someone else....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Saturday
    Was supposed to meet the boardsies in the park for 18M, but I woke up at 7am and because I missed the 12M yesterday, I got it in my head to drop over to Portumna for the WOI Marathon as an LSR. Scrambled my bits and pieces together and headed off.

27.2 miles for the day

You ees loco hombre;)

Sunday morning, met up with Digijem, Sunflowerro. Jcsmum, and the fun runner Chenguetti. Legs were a bit stiff for the first mile but quickly loosened out and the whole run was enjoyable. after 7 miles, I had to stop off for a loo break at the bottom of the Upper Glen Road and has the challenge of upping the pace up the hill to catch up with the others.

Legs felt great after the run and had the now traditional laps around the car park to round up the miles.

10M in 1.33 (9:19 pace, Avg HR 148 82% max)

Miles for the week. 66.2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Legs felt great after the run and had the now traditional laps around the car park to round up the miles.

You forgot to include your 'Rocky' stint up the papal cross steps!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Yeah and for a guy who did a marathon yesterday, i couldn't catch him going up the steps. So much for being tired!

Thursday - AM 4M
    was supposed to do 6M in the evening, but work got in the way.

Friday, Was supposed to do 12M, but after delays at work,got home from Cork too late to do any running.

Saturday

Nothing major to report, ran a few quicker miles with jonny99 but after a loo pit stop, I didn't fancy upping the pace further to catch up (no offence jonny99, just didn't want to chance the extra burst in the legs with the extra miles ahead). Sauntered along casually with the odd stop at the car for drinks etc and finished in 4:29 which was grand cos I was aiming for 4:30 on the feet. Ran the extra 1M back to the car park to get into Ultra territory

27.2 miles for the day
    Eamonn you went to portumna without me, i want a divorce:D

Eamonn you went to portumna without me, i want a divorce:D

Don't worry Frank, it wasn't the same without you :(. Was a spur of the moment thing at 7am.

Think there's another one in Salthill on 28th if you want to get into an LSR weekend

It wasn't the same without Chinguetti humming the music

Don't worry Frank, it wasn't the same without you :(. Was a spur of the moment thing at 7am.

Think there's another one in Salthill on 28th if you want to get into an LSR weekend
    Tahst the day of the free gargle dublin marathon session, i suppose it would depend what time it was on at.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Tahst the day of the free gargle dublin marathon session, i suppose it would depend what time it was on at.

If I'm not doing Raheny, I'll probably do this as well. We should be back in plenty of time for the free gargle :)

Advertisement