Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Testament

• 21-05-2010 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭

5775%20Religion%20Egypt%20An%20Orthodox%20Coptic%20Christian%20monk%20at%20Minya.jpg

I have returned.

From the frozen North to the burning South I have wandered, a supplicant in search for Bodhi.

Undettered by the ash clouds of Satan, his manipulation of the Euro exchange rate and the manifold demons sent against me I have come home to reveal to you, my brothers and sisters, the enlightenment bestowed upon me by the Eternal Father himself.

I am prepared to share with you my wisdom.

Ask and ye shall receive.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Did you remember the milk and toilet paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

Sarky wrote: »
    Did you remember the milk and toilet paper?

Posessions are a burden.

So... No?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

You'll have to go back for them. Only this time be quick about it.:mad:

It's hard to reach enlightenment when you ring me every ten minutes asking for groceries, I dont even know why I leave my phone on.

And dont think I cant hear Rock Band paused in the backround. Too busy to go yourself my ass.

• Advertisement

Deki wrote: »
    You'll have to go back for them. Only this time be quick about it.:mad:

Well I'm going to have to now, there nothing in for breakfast, not even bread. And the hall floor is sticky. And someone has been in my room.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

And your room is sticky too...

still feeling enlightened ?

Glenster wrote: »
    It's hard to reach enlightenment when you ring me every ten minutes asking for groceries,

Well if you'd remembered them the first time I wouldn't be ringing you! I always remember your copy of Girls F*cking Goats when I go to the shops and ask if you want anything!
    And dont think I cant hear Rock Band paused in the backround. Too busy to go yourself my ass.

I don't even own Rock Band. Hang on, when you say "enlightenment" you just mean you're smoking up again, don't you? That's it. Pack your sh*t up, I'm looking for a new flatmate.

I always remember your copy of Girls F*cking Goats when I go to the shops

Girls Frolicking with Goats is a religious text that I use to center myself when I'm meditating, I'll thank you not to compare it to milk and toilet paper.

1)I don't even own Rock Band. 2)Hang on, when you say "enlightenment" you just mean you're smoking up again, don't you? 3)That's it. Pack your sh*t up, I'm looking for a new flatmate.

1) Band Hero then.

2) Genesis 1:12.

3) Co-tenants, we'll see who the courts side with, a shut-in Band Hero obsessive or the new Jesus.

• Advertisement

Deki wrote: »
    still feeling enlightened ?

I wont lie to you, wiping the remnants of what I can only assume was once a
    banana off three weeks worth of mail (half of which was adressed to both of us) has negatively impacted my karmic balance somewhat, but just give me a few hours alone with my goat magazine and I'll be back

...........................with wisdom.

That was YOUR banana! You're conveniently forgetting how you demanded it be left there as part of your religious beliefs. Well, MY religious beliefs demand I kick out any lazy bastard not pulling his weight about the place. When the landlord sees the photos I took of your room you won't get so much as a cent of your deposit back.

I just want to know who's gonna clean up this mess???

When the landlord sees the photos I took of your room you won't get so much as a cent of your deposit back.

If you wanna talk about sneaky photographs you've taken, we can talk about sneaky photographs you've taken, we can make it aaaaaaaallllllll a matter of public record...................

But no. Peace and Love.

If anyone wants me I'll be in front of a mirror practising my 'benign messiah' face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Glenster wrote: »
    If you wanna talk about sneaky photographs you've taken, we can talk about sneaky photographs you've taken, we can make it aaaaaaaallllllll a matter of public record...................

But no. Peace and Love.

If anyone wants me I'll be in front of a mirror practising my 'benign messiah' face.

If you dont get enough votes for an overall majority you will have to consider involving yourself in a coalition for the right to be the messiah, clearly your Peace and Love Manifesto will need room for negotiation to accomodate the reforms your Deputy Messiah will seek in recompense for his (or her) support

How do you feel about the "Peace and Love Manifesto" becoming, "A bit of quiet on a Friday afternoon and a bit of hanky panky where I dont have to call afterwards and we can both see other people manifesto", its not as snappy I grant you, but thats politics for yiz.

As long as it doesn't end up as 'War and Hate' I'll be happy, too many religions have that already.

Yeah? Satire.

Advertisement