Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

=IBF2= BC2 Server

Options
  • 21-05-2010 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭

Hi, with the delayed patches over the last few weeks and this extended BC2 beta :D our server has been sitting idle a bit too much lately. With that in mind, we'd be delighted for people to hop on our server tonight (friday 21st May) at 8pm for a few casual games.
    We're not into competitive play so we dont mind mixing the teams up a little and perhaps we could have a regular get together between the Irish clans using a different clan's server every time.

I've played on TIG, IPK and CI servers recently and you all seem to be a decent bunch and not too competitive so it could be a bit of craic.
    We run a Hardcore mixed rush/conquest server which might not appeal to everyone and we kick/ban for entering uncaps, bailing from healthy choppers and probably a few other things that I cant remember right now (rules displayed ingame)

TS2 server details will be given in game if you want them.

Just turn off all search filters and search for =IBF2= (with caps) in the server browser to find us.

Looking forward to stabbing you (but not in the back since Dice broke that in the last update :D )
    =IBF2= Jumbo www.ibf2.net

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Been a few years since I last heard from IBF2. Might pop onto the server tonight for a bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Will jump on tonight with the TiGGers who are here lanning.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Have a match later tonite...but If I am still breathing I will mix it up with TIG - CI and the new boys.

Go easy on us......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Cool thanks, =IBF2= is going strong with some really helpfull and sound people and a thriving forum. We're all just playing different games these days which is grand but we'd like to see the BC2 server full a bit more often.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Was on for about an hour. not so bad! Some people on it have some serious lag issues though, and it's not me for once

• Advertisement

Thanks for hopping on, I hope you enjoyed it. The server filled up pretty quick once we got just a couple of us on so if anyone is up for some Hardcore mixed Rush/Conquest then add the server to your favourites. It'll fill up very quickly even if there are only a few of ye

Again, just turn off all server filters in the server browser, type in =IBF2= and click search to find us.

Incidentally, to find most of the other Irish servers just follow the same steps and type Irish (with a capital I)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Nice game of Rush this evening... 6 Vs 5 - nice tight game with me on the winning side - perfect :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

you have hardcore mode turned on?

I found the server but no one on it yesterday...not when I was on anyway. Hardcore I aint a fan of, its too easy TBH....and you just get major snipers but I will check it again today.

Hardcore isnt for everyone, I like to play either.

Some good games last night, even though I just joined our server to test some graphics tweaks it soon filled up.

Sorry about the lack of admin-ing last night, we had an issue with the rcon. The rcon we use gives us lots of options (mixed rush/conquest, ingame admin commands etc) but is still in early stages of development. The fix was a simple one so we shouldnt have the issue again and we are looking into a simple way to flag issues to our admins if we are not on the server.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Jumbo try Wolfcon, by far the best I can see.

was on it last night. twas fun!

TheFairy wrote: »
    Jumbo try Wolfcon, by far the best I can see.
    Yeah, we're keeping an eye on that one, it has some great features for admins and for preventing unfair play but we're sticking with procon at least untill the next bc2 patch.

btw if anyone has any problems with the server or admin decisions please report them to the forums at www.ibf2.net. Admining a server while trying to have a game is not an easy job at times so mistakes can happen and the wrong people can be kicked. If this happens please dont take it personally!

Jaysus hope spearman does not see that ^^ he will be ringing the SAMARITANS......:eek:

Was on the server last night with the HARDCORE mode running...it was a nice change I suppose but not many on, well it was late when I hit the server thats prolly why.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Why in ****'s name does hardcore turn off the sights dot on the MG36? Very annoying! Still got reaquainted with the M60, forgot how op that frigging cannon is. I thought they were after toning it down but, nope it's still imba.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Why in ****'s name does hardcore turn off the sights dot on the MG36? Very annoying! Still got reaquainted with the M60, forgot how op that frigging cannon is. I thought they were after toning it down but, nope it's still imba.

It's a bug since day one. Should be sorted in the next patch, whatever year that turns up in.

Have not notice this TBH, then again I hate the MG36 with the dodgy scope delay in anyway.

I notice you running amuck with the fuggin thing all the same shooter....you getting to be a right handfull nowadays. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Have not notice this TBH, then again I hate the MG36 with the dodgy scope delay in anyway.

I notice you running amuck with the fuggin thing all the same shooter....you getting to be a right handfull nowadays. :mad:

Aww shucks that's high praise coming from yourself! Nah, I think the settings advice ye all gave me is starting to pay off:D

I knew that would come back to bite me on the ASS!!!!

;)

• Advertisement

Yeah it was quiet last night but It was a good chance to mess about anyway. I enjoyed it so thanks for dropping in. I saw some great demonstrations of how to crash a chopper as well (but i wont mention the pilot's name :) )

DeWinter is like STEVIE BLEEDIN WONDER....honestly. Its like havin RAY CHARLES in the crows nest.

I will be giving lesson's every Tues and Thurs how to fly a chopper PROPERLY. Not take off and fire 12 rockets and hit the first thing thats solid!!!!

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

The only aircraft I could fly with a mouse were the gunships in 2142. I find flying boring so I've spent about 10 minutes so far trying to fly in Bad Company. :D

LMAO....they handle pretty much the same....it does help an awful lot to have a good mouse with ON THE FLY sensitivity to crank it up when in the choppers or tanks. Just remember to turn it down when you hop out coz you cant hit a thing when its at 5600dpi....

I have lost count the amount of times I jumped out of a tank on high sensitivity and seen a dude and could not focus on time coz the dpi was through the roof.

LMAO

Advertisement