Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sandwich making technique

Options
  • 21-05-2010 1:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭

As a woman myself i was wondering about various techniques and methods...:pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭i.need.a.job

i have to butter/mayo out to the very edge so every bit of bread is covered... when im adding things such as cheese/ham etc.. every tiny bit of bread has to have the same amount an be covered... i cnt jus throw it all together... and cut into two triangles or else i more or less cant eat them .. im abit ocd on sandwiches...!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

No Butter/Mayo, grated cheese, ham or chicken, put into the George Foreman for a few minutes and then throw in plenty of King Crisps. Cut in half and serve with a nice cup of tea - perfection!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭crow_eat_crow

When it comes to sambos, the world is your lobster. Anything goes, but I agree: it has to cover the entire slice. Nothing worse, in the sandwich world, than reaching the crust only to find it bereft of filling. If one is exceptionally hungry, a double-decker is great because essentially you can create two sandwiches and then meld them together. Mmmm.
    Toasting them is another option, but often sambos have mayonnaise, which, imho does not toast particularly well.
    Pickled cucumber is great on non-toasted sambos. You really need a well-stocked fridge/food cupboard before you start.
    Here I am in my hotel and I'm now rather hungry.
    Bummer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

On the George Foreman, I used to do a triple decker of bread:tuna & mayo: light cheddar:Bread:tuna&mayo and light cheddar:bread

Stick it in the George Foreman - got me through 1st year of college!! (and helped me gain an amazing amount of weight lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

When making a ham salad sandwich, everything has to be diced very small and mixed with mayo and a small bit of mustard/salt/pepper before being spread onto the sandwich. It ensures that there is a good mix of everything in every bit. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Ruthie_

Aww I miss bread!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Bread into toaster, when it's done I put Mayo on one slice, then peanut butter on the other.

Cheese, tomato, ham, beetroot, lettuce.

tea

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

Eugh on so many levels!
    Pre toasted bread?!!! Peanut butter?!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Put mayo on one or both sides of a slice of bread, lay it down on a nonstick frying pan on a low heat, so the mayo is touching the pan. Now put ham & cheese in the middle and a second slice of bread on top and put mayo on the outside of this. If it is on a low enough heat the cheese will have melted and stuck both bits of bread together, now you can carefully flip it over without it falling apart. The mayo crisps up the breads well and is sort of like french toast due to the egg in it.

I hate those toasted sandwich makers that make the middle line and outer bits as hard as steel, think I broke a few teeth on ones before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

I toast sandwiches then pick them apart to add the mayo. No hot mayo, thanks.

Cheese has to go next to the meat (don't know why, just weird)

Has to be real butter for toasted sandwiches.

For a bedtime treat, lime marmalade and nutella on white bread with a mug of hot chocolate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭i.need.a.job

rubadub wrote: »
    Put mayo on one or both sides of a slice of bread, lay it down on a nonstick frying pan on a low heat, so the mayo is touching the pan. Now put ham & cheese in the middle and a second slice of bread on top and put mayo on the outside of this. If it is on a low enough heat the cheese will have melted and stuck both bits of bread together, now you can carefully flip it over without it falling apart. The mayo crisps up the breads well and is sort of like french toast due to the egg in it.

I hate those toasted sandwich makers that make the middle line and outer bits as hard as steel, think I broke a few teeth on ones before.

o my god they are the best, them toasted sandwaich makers... melts the cheese an keeps it all inside the bread ooooo im goin to make one now :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

I find if you put butter on the outside of the bread when putting it into the toasted-sandwich-maker then it doesnt go as hard as a rock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

The secret ingredient to the perfect sandwich is was and evershallbe love. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Toast the bread, mayo on one side, wholegrain mustard on the other side, chopped onion, tomato and then ham and/or chicken, recipe for a tastegasm :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

The right bread is vital. The best bread i've come across is Nevilles multi-seed brown bread from dunnes. I bought it initially as it was one of the cheapest breads there and i've been buying it ever since because it's a great brown bread, the price is the icing on the cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭nerdysal

I'm starting work next week and I need some ideas for yummy sandwich fillers... I was gonna start a new thread but then I thought this one would be just as good. My only stipulation- No ham, I love it but I'm sick of it in sandwiches!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    The right bread is vital. The best bread i've come across is Nevilles multi-seed brown bread from dunnes. I bought it initially as it was one of the cheapest breads there and i've been buying it ever since because it's a great brown bread, the price is the icing on the cake.

It's ALL about the bread. If it's not up to scratch... forget about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

A toasted white bread sandwich with ham,cheese,tomato and onion is hard beat,with ketchup on the plate for dippin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

Ingredients
    Get a small bowl.
    Small can of tuna.
    Mayo.
    Grated cheese.
    Slice of cheddar.
    Some finely chopped jalapeno's.
    Bout 1/4 - 1/2 red onion diced.
    2 slices of bread.
    Method
    • Drain tuna dry and empty into the bowl.

• Add in onions, jalapeno's and grated cheese.

• Throw in enough mayo so that all the ingredients are lightly coated and mix well.

• Very lightly toast 1 slice bread (remove before it starts to brown).

• Add the mixture to that slice.

• Add slice of cheese to the top.

• Throw on the grill till cheese has melted.

• While the cheese is melting toast the 2nd slice light brown.
    Combine both slices to enter sandwich heaven.

:D

Advertisement