Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accessing SQL server database from files on different machine(windows authentication)

Options
  • 21-05-2010 1:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭

My laptop broke :(
    I'm able to access the internal hard drive, via an external enclosure.
    I have not been able to boot from that drive on a different computer as an external disc. It gives a message that winloadexe has incorrect diital signing.
    There is a database on the hard disc that I need. However I am pretty sure it is windows authentication, and it was using a local account.
    I can rebuild it as I have a recent copy of it elsewhere, and have noted changes/changes will be reflected in program code I've recovered etc. The content is junk test data also.
    I'd prefer if there is a reasonably quick way of accessing it directly though; quicker than updating the backup like.
    Incidentally, I never realised how easy it is to get at the contents of a windows user account without a password, once you have the disc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

If you can get the MDF file, use sp_attach_db

Advertisement