Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost phone

Options
  • 21-05-2010 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭

Just on the off chance...I may have mislaid my phone while getting out of a car near The Dail/Cornstore area.. Purple Sony Ericsson..missing it as it has stuff on it I need..PM if there is any sign of it, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

ring your provider with imei number they can lock it making it useless to anyone else

eagle10 wrote: »
    ring your provider with imei number they can lock it making it useless to anyone else

Why on earth would you do that?

If it's stolen, get it blacklisted. If you lose it off your own accord, let someone else enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

If it's stolen, get it blacklisted. If you lose it off your own accord, let someone else enjoy it.

if a person finds a phone and doesn't make an effort to return it, they have stolen it, imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Xiney wrote: »
    if a person finds a phone and doesn't make an effort to return it, they have stolen it, imho.

And in the opinion of the law...

A few months ago I left my phone outside my house by accident 10 minutes later I realised tried to ring the phone it had been turned off.
    First of all the person who picked up the phone did not bother to call in to my house and see did it belong to anyone inside secondly they did not even bother to dial the last dialed number in the phone.

It was an expensive phone sony erricson w995 only 4 months old and contained loads and loads of personal information along with my holiday photos none of wich could be replaced and totally useless to anyone else.

In my opinion the person who picked up this phone is an opportunist scum bag!

• Advertisement

So you dismiss my point completely based on your one experience? Fair enough.

I have that phone by the way.. Think it was 80euro on a 20euro bill pay plan. Hardly expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Eh, got the phone back, having blacklisted it early in the morning.

So you dismiss my point completely based on your one experience? Fair enough.

I have that phone by the way.. Think it was 80euro on a 20euro bill pay plan. Hardly expensive.

Maybe I dont have your spending power seems you have a lot of €80's to be throwing around you can buy me a new phone?

And yes I do dismss your point.

Is it ok that this person picked up the phone and didn't bother thier a"?e to try locate the owner regardless of monetary value oh and lets not forget the invasion of privacy factor

so if you think thats ok FAIR ENOUGH!

Eh, got the phone back, having blacklisted it early in the morning.

You can get the phone unlocked by the provider did they ask you for a code if the phone showedd up again?

Maybe I dont have your spending power seems you have a lot of €80's to be throwing around you can buy me a new phone?

And yes I do dismss your point.

Is it ok that this person picked up the phone and didn't bother thier a"?e to try locate the owner regardless of monetary value oh and lets not forget the invasion of privacy factor

so if you think thats ok FAIR ENOUGH!

I didn't defend the person who picked up your phone. Your phone was stolen, not lost.
    You can get the phone unlocked by the provider did they ask you for a code if the phone showedd up again?

The provider has to take it off a national database of blacklisted numbers. I presume this is possible.

• Advertisement

I didn't defend the person who picked up your phone. Your phone was stolen, not lost.

The provider has to take it off a national database of blacklisted numbers. I presume this is possible.

Did you read my post I left my phone outside my house someone picked it up turned it off and left.

Someone found a lost phone and kept it...... Stole it?

whats the difference here between finding and stealing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

It was an expensive phone sony erricson w995 only 4 months old and contained loads and loads of personal information along with my holiday photos none of wich could be replaced

Whose fault was that?

mikom wrote: »
    Whose fault was that?

Who's do you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Who's do you think?

You've lost me.

whats the difference here between finding and stealing?

You don't know the difference between finding and stealing a phone?
    Arse to this argument.. I'm away to the sun.

I had a bad experience losing a phone, many factors of it were upsetting.
    I was merely suggesting a way that someone in the same postion may get some satisfaction.

I am not pontificating anything to anyone merely give a sugestion based on my own experince. And in my opinion if you happen to find someone the right thing to do is make at least some effort to locate the owner

You don't know the difference between finding and stealing a phone?
    Arse to this argument.. I'm away to the sun.

Good luck hope you dont get sunburn

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Is this thread worth keeping open? Opened it with the hope that maybe someone picked it u and knew it's whereabouts, then I got the phone back, end of..

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Phone is returned to owner.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement