Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No more lapdancing clubs in waterford?

• 21-05-2010 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

I was on my bike tonight and ended up taking an odd route through town - on the way I noticed that the lap-dancing club on ballybricken seems to have been turned back into a pub, and the 'gentleman's club' near the applemarket is closed afaik. I passed the other club across from city-square (where fitzy's used to be) and thought I saw a 'bar to-let' sign in the window, so that might be closed too.

Seems like the recession has had one fringe benefit - Waterford might not be the sleaze capital of the South-east (as I've heard it called) anymore ;)

(And no, I wasn't out trolling the Red-light district with my trench-coat and a pocket full of one dollar bills, in case you were wondering... :eek:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Who the hell would pay €50 for a lapdance anyway? I mean you'd nearly get a one way flight to amsterdam for that and go the whole hog.

No harm anyway, not the sort we need in town IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

(And no, I wasn't out trolling the Red-light district with my trench-coat and a pocket full of one dollar bills, in case you were wondering... :eek:)

I believe you but millions wouldn't. :)

Not exactly a shame if they are gone, is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Speak Now

The one across from the Kazbar was open last Saturday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

And will be open for the forseeable future!

Supply and demand I suppose!

Stag season as well as hens

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Perhaps Waterford will stop being a "seedy port town" after all, (this is in reference to http://www.lonelyplanet.com/ireland/county-waterford/waterford-town)

No harm if these places close,

• Advertisement
Advertisement