Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The Naughty Bear

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The jaws parody is great, but I have no idea what the game actually is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

It looks like Manhunt but with Teddy Bears :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Saw a recent preview in GamesTM and it caught my interest. Could be one to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Vyse wrote: »
    Saw a recent preview in GamesTM and it caught my interest. Could be one to watch.
    Looks interesting, but with only a 12 rating, I don't think it's going to be as vicious as I'd like it to be.

I think it will be. Its all foam and stuffing (no blood) :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Yes but then you'd have some uneducated parental association jumping on the bandwagon as some kid who played the game and went around hacking up teddy bears with a machete who were annoying him then tried to apply that theory to his friend who took his copy of modern warfare 2. Believe me... It could happen, so with a 12 rating, I can't see it being as vicious as manhunt, or even GTA (and even GTA isn't that bad...) :P ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I've been following this for a while and when it was first announced it was made out to be an 18's type game, but seems to have been tamed down a little. Though, it still sounds hilariously viscious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

It's certainly one that's doing the groundwork of the marketing side - the Alien 'chestburtster' parody is a good one, too.
    I think they might get away with a lot because it's teddy bear violence (Like the scene where he bashes another bear over the head and dumps him into a giant cake mixer)
    One of the gameplay clips I've seen though has lowered my expectations for the game: it was basically the start of a mission where naughty bear has to smash cameras strapped to the heads of squawky birds. :-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

Naughty_Bear.jpg

this states that the game will be rated 16 as opposed to 12...so maybe it hasn't been toned down too much :D

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Dublindude69

I'm going to wait to see what a review is like before actully buying it, that or download a demo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Redlion wrote: »
    Naughty_Bear.jpg

this states that the game will be rated 16 as opposed to 12...so maybe it hasn't been toned down too much :D

That's a PEGI rating so either that's an old image or it's sixteen over here!

This looks like Conker's Bad Fur Day with less fecal matter. That can only be a good thing really! Conker's was unreal and I can live without the ****! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Would like to see some gameplay trailer..could be a cool game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Gameplay 1 video:

Cutscene for Level 3 (the camera bird level, I mentioned earlier :():

Alien Parody Video: :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

It seems pretty cool. The homage trailers are excellent, I'll see what the reviews are like!

Who wants a gameplay trailer? :)

Not sure about longevity in this.... might get boring pretty quickly, but looks like a fun rental.

Out today, and no reviews online yet. Bad sign? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

I thought it was out next week, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

It's out in the US next week alright, but today in Europe.

Only reviews I've seen so far have been a 6/10 from Midlifegamer and an 83% from Xboxer360. Unfortunately there's been nothing from more reputable sources yet. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Resisted the urge to pick it up when I was in the shop earlier, as like some I knew nothing about it , could indeed be a fun rental though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

There doesn't even seem to be a review up of it any where which is usually a bad sign. Was tempted by both it and Singularity today but have seen nowt on either so I'm very wary. I'm yet to see anything about Naughty Bear that makes it look like anything more than a downloadable title. Seem's a bit lacking for a full price game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Bulktohulk

I'll be reviewing this game over the weekend on my site. I only got a chance to play it tonight, and I'm having loads of fun, but then again I'm hammered so perhaps tomorrow it won't fair too well.

The camera is a bit meh, it keeps jumping around and it's a very simple game, but you know....I can't put it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Bulktohulk

Bulktohulk wrote: »
    I'll be reviewing this game over the weekend on my site. I only got a chance to play it tonight, and I'm having loads of fun, but then again I'm hammered so perhaps tomorrow it won't fair too well.

The camera is a bit meh, it keeps jumping around and it's a very simple game, but you know....I can't put it down.

Here we are, sorry for the delay : http://www.glimpsedog.com/content/199-naughty-bear-review.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Eurogamer unfortunately only gave it 4/10 too. :(

Advertisement