Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Karate classes in Swords

• 21-05-2010 4:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone know if there are any karate classes in the Swords area for kids. I want to get my 7 year involved in some activity and he has mentioned karate a few times to me. I checked out the sticky for clubs in Swords but couldn't find anything there.

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

BIRDCAGE1 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Does anyone know if there are any karate classes in the Swords area for kids. I want to get my 7 year involved in some activity and he has mentioned karate a few times to me. I checked out the sticky for clubs in Swords but couldn't find anything there.

Thanks for any help

The best advice I can give you is to look around at all the various styles of Martial Arts in the general area and not just pick on one.

Unfortunetly I don't know of any Karate clubs in Swords off the top of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭OldBloke

There is a Kyokushin Karate class in Fingallians GAA in Swords on a Thursday night from 7.00 to 8.30 - we have about half a dozen kids at present ranging from 6 to 12 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭YamaMotoYama

We have a club in Portmarnock that runs on a Friday and Sunday... that may suit.

www.ikku.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭BIRDCAGE1

OldBloke wrote: »
    There is a Kyokushin Karate class in Fingallians GAA in Swords on a Thursday night from 7.00 to 8.30 - we have about half a dozen kids at present ranging from 6 to 12 years.

Thanks for the reply oldbloke, that sounds perfect for me, do you happen to have any contact details of who runs the class as I'd like to give them a bell first to find out about cost etc.., maybe you could pm details if you have them.
    cheers
    Paul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Zen65

Hi,

Thanks for any help

Dermot O'Keeffe 5th Dan runs an excellent club in Swords known as the "Hokubu Dojo" which I think has kids' classes. Check out their website http://www.hokubudojo.org/ and give him a call. I've met him once or twice, seems very genuine & no BS. The club certainly has one of the best reputations around North Dublin.

Cheers,

Zen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

my son (7) goes to chinese boxing ( I know not strictly karate) in Image gym on sat at 10:30

It's a really good class which he loves.
    It's €5 a class.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭OldBloke

Thanks for the reply oldbloke, that sounds perfect for me, do you happen to have any contact details of who runs the class as I'd like to give them a bell first to find out about cost etc.., maybe you could pm details if you have them.
    cheers
    Paul

I just dropped you a PM

Thanks

Advertisement