Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shift work, more than 40 hours a week

Options
  • 21-05-2010 4:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I'm leaving my current job at the end of the month, I've got lucky and am moving away to a new job.

I work shift work 5 days on 4 days off 5 on 4 off 4 on 5 off etc...

I'm working up until the 1st of June so will have worked 5 months this year or 21 weeks.

If I add up all the hours that I have done its 1044 hours. my contract says that I work 40 hours a week so 21 weeks * 40 = 840 hours so I've done a couple 100 extra hours work.

I'm just wondering should I get paid for the extra hours that I have worked?
    Would it be at the overtime rate or normal pay rate..

Any help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Are you salaried or paid on an hourly rate? What does your contract say?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Have you deducted the lunch time from your working hours since this is generally unpaid?

Also what are your schedule hours? 14 out of 15 days per three weeks seems a bit of an odd shift rotation in general.

Advertisement