Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you been granted or refused a moderator?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

It would be good to see the break down of calibers that came with moderator permission.

Are they limiting access to 22lr Silencers and granting permission to larger calibers where the same silencer is really only a moderator!!

Remember that its critical to be able to see the target being struck and any expansion chamber(silencer or moderator??) on the muzzle will reduce felt recoil and allow you to hold you sight picture and make quick essential follow up shots if required by adjusting with hold off.

I have only heard of .22lr refusals.

Every one I know with larger than a .22lr go theirs.

Is it silencer they have the problem with??

My .223 is as loud as .22lr with mod on.
    And depending on lie of land can produce an echo

It still is much quieter than a .223R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

........Is it silencer they have the problem with??....

PC term is moderator :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

PC term is moderator :p

I was once told Bunny that a silencer is for .22's and a moderator is for bigger??
    As you cant quiten (SP) a .223 as it breaks the sound barrier:confused::confused:
    Or is mod the appropriate word for a .22 aswel?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

It's "silencer" if you're starring in a hollywood action film that ignores physics; it's a "moderator" in real life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Aaaah ok. Always called them mods anyway. Just something i was told

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bang2

I have only heard of .22lr refusals.

Every one I know with larger than a .22lr go theirs.

Is it silencer they have the problem with??

My .223 is as loud as .22lr with mod on.
    And depending on lie of land can produce an echo

It still is much quieter than a .223R

i got my .22 moderator no problem , didn't get the .308 , the .308 was due on the first run of the new licensing at the time the Sgt. told me there was a blanket ban on moderators and physically scribbled out my tick in the box. 3 months later my .22 license came back with the "S" on it, I wrote to the Sgt. and enquired that now the "blanket ban" was lifted could I get a reprint on my license as I had originally applied for a moderator and he had scribbled it out , I got a phone call reply saying that was then this is now , a new application and 80 euros would be required!!!!!

that was last Dec , will tackle him again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bang2

need a half and half option in the poll!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

bang2 wrote: »
    i got my .22 moderator no problem , didn't get the .308 , the .308 was due on the first run of the new licensing at the time the Sgt. told me there was a blanket ban on moderators and physically scribbled out my tick in the box. 3 months later my .22 license came back with the "S" on it, I wrote to the Sgt. and enquired that now the "blanket ban" was lifted could I get a reprint on my license as I had originally applied for a moderator and he had scribbled it out , I got a phone call reply saying that was then this is now , a new application and 80 euros would be required!!!!!

that was last Dec , will tackle him again soon.

That IMvHO is a miscarraige of justice.
    He altered with an official document :D

Advertisement