Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fighting Game lads...need your suggestions

Options
  • 21-05-2010 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭

Story lads. Don't know if you know much about my project Nexcade? If not here is the web site: www.nexcade.com

It's currently in UCD. But as we know, colleges aren't exactly a beehive of activity during the summer. So I'm looking to relocate the machine somewhere in Dublin city centre.

Does anybody have a cool bar/hangout they would like to see this in?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Thats cool man, you made that yourself?!

Are you trying to put it somewhere where you can make money from it, is that it? I can't think of anywhere in the city to be honest. We have a place in the city where we join up to play but they wouldn't allow something like this. Unless you wanna put it in one of our apartments in the city :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

You could try a swanky bar of some sort.
    There was a Space Invaders cabinet in a bar in Galway for a few years and seemd to do pretty well until it broke.

Sairus wrote: »
    There was a Space Invaders cabinet in a bar in Galway for a few years and seemd to do pretty well until it broke.

The people of galway probably thought it was a new release :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Sairus wrote: »
    You could try a swanky bar of some sort.

Highlighted for emphasis.
    Did you know that a new stick & 1 button cost as little as €11?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Heh :D

Yea I'm just lookin for some place that would be busy enough with gamers. It has Street Fighter IV on it. But stuck with pads on this prototype right now. It's all testing the water at the mo.

Considering Fibber Magees in town right now. But will be scouting other places in town before I decide.

Cheers.

• Advertisement

koHd wrote: »
    Considering Fibber Magees in town right now. But will be scouting other places in town before I decide.

Cheers.

Fibbers would be a good spot, they had a popular street fighter tournament about a year ago. Went down well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Thats interesting, how much do people have to put in to play? How do they choose a game etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

My house

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Ramza wrote: »
    My house
    But daft punk are playing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭LIFETRAP

The Lower Deck or the Bernard Shaw with TE sticks attached.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Sisko wrote: »
    Thats interesting, how much do people have to put in to play? How do they choose a game etc?

At the moment it is at E1 for 10 minutes play. This is mostly just to cover the insurance/location charges. When we roll out the number of them we want, the gaming will be cheaper as it will be subsidized by advertising sales.

Don't worry though, it will be minimal advertising before you start your game and will not interupt once you start playing :)

EDIT: and to choose a game you simply choose the game on screen with your finger. It's touch screen to navigate. Some games are also touch screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Dudes I wouldnt put this machine anywhere near fibbers.. Jus for the fact it'll be vandalized and raped left right and center...

Give it to the XGC and im sure they'd be able to find a place up stairs for it, where it'll be safe :D

Just my two cents...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

But daft punk are playing there.

That was a ****ing good joke.

Irish fighting game scene can dead.

i Irish fighing game scened your auld one last night can dead

?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

ITT: drunk people posting really early in the morning.

>.<

Advertisement