Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 controller on PS3?

Options
  • 21-05-2010 8:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend the best place to get an adapter to use a 360 controller on a ps3, and are there any adapters that are better than others?

I was going to order one online, but wanted to see if there might be any in bricks and mortar shops, preferably around the Dublin area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 eclipse05

No way, there is nothing like adapter to connect Sixaxis to X360 or in other way... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Actually that's not true. There are two ways to get the 360 controller working on the PS3.

The first is the Cross Battle Adapter which lets you use the actual 360 controller itself.

Alternatively you could pick up one of the new PowerA controllers and enjoy the best of both worlds.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 eclipse05

WOW! Sorry lads, I was 100% sure that's impossible :o

This all-round pad looks awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Its one thing the PS3 lacks, a proper controller. Feels too flimsy in comparison to the 360 controller. Might give this a shot myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Here you go mate was going to order one myself.

http://www.focalprice.com/GXA81B/Xbox_360_Controller_to_PS3_Converter_Adapter_Black.html

Only 16 dollars :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I have to say that I much prefer the PS3 controller to the xbox one. The PS3 one sits nicely into my hands.

That adaptor is pretty cool though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Cant stand the 360 controllers myself, theyre so bulky. Ps3 is small and light

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Geez, almost 2 months after the original post. What took you? :P

Thanks for those links. I'm not mad on the Ps3 controller. I think it's actually the fact that it's not as bulky as the xbox one, that I have a problem with.

Advertisement