Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photo framing

• 21-05-2010 9:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Thought I might throw this out there because I'm not sure what to go for...I've a panoramic shot split in 2 that I want to get framed. Each print is (or will be after I crop them a bit) 18.25"x8" so I want to frame them individually and put them beside each other. Anyone have any opinions on what kind of frame I should go for?
    mount or not?
    2 frames better than 1 long one?

Cheers, heres the pic...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

might look good in thin aluminium frames

could laminate them so no glass, and the thickness of the alumium frames are only about 5 or 6 mm wide so they might look good that way

although generally what works best is to do things in 3 not 2 things tend to balance best like that

give me a shout if you want some help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭mckildare

thanks stcstc,

I like the laminate idea, I'll see if I can find some aluminium frames too. The prints are in 20x8 at the moment so splitting it into 3 12x8 would leave the middle one looking a bit odd (made up of 2 pieces). I have another shot that im getting 3 frames for anyway so ill stick with the 2 frames for this one I think :) thanks for the help though!

Another qs, I'll have to get 7 odd shaped frames made up for the stuff that i have, anyone know a custom framer that will do a good job and a better deal for me? Dublin/Kildare area preferably :D thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

i can do both the aluminium frames for you

and can do custom frames too

Advertisement