Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which banks lending to self employed?

Options
  • 21-05-2010 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi everyone,
    We have applied to 2 banks to get a mortgage and everything ( apart from the fact that I am only 6 months self-employed) is fine with our application.
    We have substantial savings, no loans, etc, etc..

Just being a bit nosy and wondering if anyone with less than 2 years self-emplyment has gotten a mortgage recently.

Would really appreciate some help,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

if your self employed for less than 2 years forget about it. The only group that would consider lending you money would be sub prime lenders (STEER CLEAR) outside of that you havent a prayer im afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

D3PO wrote: »
    if your self employed for less than 2 years forget about it. The only group that would consider lending you money would be sub prime lenders (STEER CLEAR) outside of that you havent a prayer im afraid

Have to agree with D3PO, being self employed in the current climate is a bad bet, banks will run a mile. Unless you can prove profitable books for a couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

D3PO wrote: »
    The only group that would consider lending you money would be sub prime lenders (STEER CLEAR)
    Agreed. Subprime lenders usually charge a VERY high rate, leaving most people only €100 left to live on a month, which you don't want, as you'll need to buy stuff for your business.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 monkstowngirl

Thanks guys for answering. Definetly not going near a subprime lender as some of my friends got burned..will just have to wait another year and half I supppose!
    :rolleyes:

Advertisement