Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I be worried about Licence?

Options
  • 21-05-2010 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

Hi lad's,

I ended up in a position where I've bought 3 rifles in the last 6 months, but my F.O. sent all 3 forms in together 8 weeks ago!!:eek::eek:

I've recived 2 licences about 4 weeks ago but these were for small cal. rifles. Now I'm waiting for the licence for the .308 and still no sign. should I be worried?

Should it take much longer than the other two since they all arrived on the super's desk at the same time :eek:

I know the form are dated 6 - 7 months apart.

Thanks,

Fish

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Hi lad's,

I ended up in a position where I've bought 3 rifles in the last 6 months, but my F.O. sent all 3 forms in together 8 weeks ago!!:eek::eek:

I've recived 2 licences about 4 weeks ago but these were for small cal. rifles. Now I'm waiting for the licence for the .308 and still no sign. should I be worried?

Should it take much longer than the other two since they all arrived on the super's desk at the same time :eek:

I know the form are dated 6 - 7 months apart.

Thanks,

The .308might be with the Chief Super in Portlaoise. Tullamore has no CS if that is your local station.

you might have an interview. PM me for more details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

The .308might be with the Chief Super in Portlaoise. Tullamore has no CS if that is your local station.

you might have an interview. PM me for more details

Unless the 308 is a semi, it shouldn't be on the Chief Superintendent's desk. Just as a Super can't approve restricted firearms a Chief Superintendent can't approve unrestricted ones.

Phone your station and ask, always the best place to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Not a semi - a Accuracy int AE

Thing is I know the F.O. won't know anything , thats why all 3 went in at once!

(run around?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Not a semi - a Accuracy int AE

Thing is I know the F.O. won't know anything , thats why all 3 went in at once!

(run around?)

Hopefully my pm should sort you out!

Advertisement