Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia E63 not working with Nokia car kit

Options
  • 21-05-2010 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭

I bought a Nokia car kit last week (Ck-1) from a guy I know and got him to install it.

I only got a chance to use it with my phone the next day (I was in work when he installed it) and it's not working properly with my E63. The person on the other end can always hear themselves echoed back, and I can't hear them very clearly (crackling, etc). I tried it with my sister's phone (also a Nokia) and it worked perfectly.

I text the guy I bought it from and told him the situation. He's on holidays at the moment and told me he'd try and help when he got home, but that maybe I should ring the Nokia Store in the meantime and see if they can help. I don't really feel comfortable ringing them, since I didn't purchase the phone OR carkit from them!

Someone else I know suggested that the software on my phone is out of date for the carkit. Is there any way of updating the software on my phone so it's compatible with the carkit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

That's what Nokia software updater is for, google it! (You will need a MICRO usb cable though)

Of course you can ask Nokia store about it, its their product and its not working properly, they don't have to help you but most likely will for the goodwill.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Ahhh ok I found that on the Nokia site...didn't know I could do that! Cheers! Can I just use the USB cable that came with the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Yes you can. But did you get a usb cable with the phone? I thought they do not supply the usb cable with e63. Mine didnt come with one anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

flodis79 wrote: »
    Yes you can. But did you get a usb cable with the phone? I thought they do not supply the usb cable with e63. Mine didnt come with one anyway.

Oh, crap. Probably not then. I just presumed it was in the box with the rest of the stuff that I just left in there after I took the phone and charger out! Can I get the USB cable in a Nokia store?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

you can get one there i am sure. Or ebay. make sure it is genuine though. Many knock offs around.

• Advertisement
Advertisement