Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

call for a better quote

Options
  • 21-05-2010 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

just received my household renewal quote today from 123.ie and had gone up from 264.00 last year to 400.00 for this year , rang them and asked why they told me that premiums had gone up due to the floods in cork and the west last year . So i shopped around and found a cheaper quote for 300.00 on insure .ie called 123.ie back and told them i was going to switch , then they asked me to hold and came back with a quote of 264.75 if i dropped the amount of contents cover to 20000 from 30000 which i did ,hey presto what a saving

Always pays to call and ask them for a better quote .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Mort5000

But that isn't a better quote is it?
    You've dropped the contents cover?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭halkar

Something similiar happened to me last year. My house insurance company decided to increase my cover by 30% with no reason. I don't live in a flood risk area. Called and asked what was the reason and they said the building cost was 400k. I told them I would happily sell my house to them for 250k including everything in it :D I changed after that for less than the half price of my previous premiums. It does pay to shop around.

Advertisement