Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA SL Pro Crank

• 21-05-2010 11:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

HI All

I hope you can help i need to know if an dura ace or ultegra bottom bracket will fit this crank as i need to have a fix for the weekend and no one in Cork has a stock of FSA bottom brackets.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Hey lad, don't know the answer but if you do get a green light on it I've a barely used Ultegra BB I'm happy to let go for €15 to get you rolling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

CheGuedara wrote: »
    Hey lad, don't know the answer but if you do get a green light on it I've a barely used Ultegra BB I'm happy to let go for €15 to get you rolling

Hey lad thanks well i will find out soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I believe the carbon cranks are not compatible while the alloy ones are.
    FSA wrote:
    The short answer; no, the FSA K-Force Light Rd. Crank is not compatible with a Chris King bottom bracket (made to Shimano compatible dimensions). Also, the K-Force Rd. crankset will not be compatible either.

The FSA BB8200 (meant for K-Force Light) uses a 6 mm width bearing. This allows us to make the bottom bracket outside to outside dimension more narrow providing room for a wave washer. The BB8000 (meant for K-Force) does indeed use a 7 mm width bearing, yet its design does not allow for use of a Chris King bottom bracket.

However our popular alloy cranksets, the Gossamer Rd. and the Energy Rd. is compatible with the Chris King bottom bracket (made to Shimano compatible dimensions). These cranks use BB6000, this BB’s dimensions are compatible with Shimano.
    Dae Oh
    Full Speed Ahead

http://velonews.competitor.com/2009/01/technical-faq/technical-qa-with-lennard-zinn-the-tall-mans-dilemma_86337

I use an Ultegra SL crankset on the FSA Megaexo BB that came with a FSA Gossamer crankset.

Well i was just able to fit a S 7900 BB and took it out for 10 mins and it works fine doing 100k spin in the morning will found out for sure then.

HI All

I hope you can help i need to know if an dura ace or ultegra bottom bracket will fit this crank as i need to have a fix for the weekend and no one in Cork has a stock of FSA bottom brackets.

Hey

Just to let you know it worked great the weekend no problems

• Advertisement
Advertisement