Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on new 46 LCD

• 21-05-2010 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I am moving house soon and looking for a new LCD TV as a result,

I currently have a 40" Samsung 1080p but looking to increase in screen size.

Would anyone have any recommendations? I am thinking of Samsung or Sony, but open to suggestions?

I will be connecting a Sky box, ps3, xbox 360 to this

Thanks in advance for any help

S

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

I previously had a samsung and bought a philips last sept, I wouldn't have considered buying philips until I got advice on the richer sounds forum and I went to the shop to see it for myself. Great TVs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭romperstomper

sony 46" bravia 100hz, built in lan, free sat, mpeg player for 900 yo yos. UNREAL value

46w5810

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

thanks guys - where is that sony on sale for that? also, whats the model number?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭romperstomper

gave you the model 46w5810

peats had it for 899

oh sorry didnt see the model :)

I am based in the south of the country so peats will be tough unless they deliver!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I was a Sony fanboy until I discovered the Philips 9 series.

any particluar model of the 9 series?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭bbbbb

I like pioneer & plasma so would go with one of these maybe
    http://allianceelectric.ie/test/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_61&products_id=607

I have the 9664 series and it's a fantastic tv.

where you pick that up?

• Advertisement

The philips shop in Dame St, through their forum on boards. They are great for advice and help even if you did not buy from them, have a look at the topics on their forum. They also offer a discount to boards members. Check out the Richer Sounds forum.

Peats sold out of the sony 46" - pity cos it looked like a lovely set

any idea where else I could pick it up at that price!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭tc2010

Ive a 46" 1080p Samsung. Fairly new model, only a few months old

I paid 850 for it and to be honest id be happy paying over 1000 for it. Every day im more amazed by the quality

Was shocked to see it for 700 in kelly and dollards in Waterford recently.

I cant even think of how they could improve it. Maybe thats why they took TV in a new direction with LED and 3D

from experience philips are decent but has lots of little glitches that annoyed me but maybe they have changed with the newer models. For example the screen would crop the image when moving from 16x9 to 4x3. it changes automatically as default so had to keep changing it manually. Theres no comparison between Samsung and philips IMO

4 HDMIs so no hassle with the connections. 2 optical, VGA and several phono is more than enough

thanks mate - whats the model of your samsung?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭tc2010

SAMSUNG LE46B530P7WXXU

just dropped you a PM

Advertisement