Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What insurance company for a Civic Type R

• 21-05-2010 1:14pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guys I have a 2002 Civic Type R. I'm finding it difficult to get a decent quote. I've had the car for the last 3 years, insured with XS Direct - which I have a 4k excess on the policy - which I really do not want any more, I want a normal policy. I have 3 years no claims I'm hoping this might be achievable - but calling a few brokers etc most of them come back with the same XS direct quote but say none of the others will quote me

Does anyone know who might quote me with a normal policy for a reasonable amount of money? I'm 29, 30 in 3 months, its not like I'm 19, and I have 3 years no claims. One of the brokers said it would be easier for me to get insured on a Porsche than this!

Does anyone know who might quote me?
    Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

123.ie

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Tried them, no joy. Also tried Mike Murphy insurance who are usually good from what I hear, they could not help me either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

How much are the quotes you are getting?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

€750 which is great, but it has a 4k excess. The XS driect policy is awful, gets you legal on the road and that's it really. I want a normal policy! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭5500

Axa quoted me (albeit its an 08) 1200 odd, arb quoted abit more via insure.ie, chill quoted 960 but didnt mention that it was an xs direct policy untill I got the proposal form.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

Try First Ireland brokers, Those guys always got me cheap quotes over the years. Im insured with Setanta through them.

Ph: 01 8820800

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭Gers_punto

is it a jap type r or an english type r ????

i know a very very good broker but he wont insure jap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 105 ✭✭tooler7

Brittons insurance are great for that type of thing

Advertisement