Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM problem

Options
  • 21-05-2010 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭

Last week I withdrew €50 from an ATM machine. When I got my statement it said I had withdrawn €90. I rang my branch and they said they would have to send out a form for me to challenge the claim. I got the form today. But I also noticed online that I have received an ATM refund of €20. I will send the forms in but I am wondering if it has happened to anyone else. I thought the ATM system would be good enough not to make these mistakes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

i took out 100 from a machine from a boi once, the card came back and the screen told me to take the money but the 'flap' didn't open. i knew something was up so i left the machine, took 100 our somewhere else and check my account online. sure enough, 200 gone. called the branch where the atm was at and the manager basically said 'computer says you took it out, nothing i can do'. i poointed out ther was a cctv on it. she looked, came back and said 'ohhh, we didn't have a clear view of wheter the money came out or not' i went nuts. insisted they give me back my money. they did. persist

Advertisement