Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ba in Community and family studies???

Options
  • 21-05-2010 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Has anyone done this course?? It is distance learning with workshops and I would love to hear from anyone who has done it and how they found it especially in the areas of :
    pressure of course
    difficulty of course
    organisation of course
    Anything at all really. I have just completed a dip in youth and community studies in UCC and I am afraid that I may not be able for the work.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 june77

hi- it's time for me to get a degree and i was looking at this course as well. it would be ideal for me. i spoke with somebody at NUI Galway who explained a bit about the course to me and it sounds ok- level 8 with honours and she said it is accredited (don't understand non/accredited). Also that the first ba class just graduated and some are going on to do MAs. my only worry is that i may not be disciplined enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Roirl

I am actually looking at this course myself for Sept 2011. My sister availed of one of NUI's other BA's a few years ago. It is hard work and you have to be motivated to study on your own. There were plenty of deadlines for assignments in her course so I think alot of it will come down to pushing yourself. The support from NUI and tutors was fantastic. It covers a wide range of subjects and aspects so I would imagine employment opportunities should not be too confined. Another Plus is that after two years you attain your diploma, some courses you have to do the full four years before any recognition.

Advertisement