If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardies EXCLUSIVE Deal - Freesat HD

Options
  • 21-05-2010 2:21pm
    Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Boardies - Get ready for the World Cup - 63 matches in Full HD free of charge and it's just 20 days away from today!

So we came up with an offer for Boardies for this weekend - We have just received 1st of the new range of Sagemcom Freesat HD receivers and Recorders and they are the dog's danglies - and we are doing a Boardie exclusive special to launch them!

There are 2 models in stock already - the receiver is called the DSI86 and it's a great quality Freesat Receiver which also featured BBC iPlayer straight from the box - we are launching it for Boardies for a very limited time at just £86.99 - this is a Boardie Exclusive price - after the weekend they will go to £99.95.

The big daddy of the range however is the DTR94500 - this again features BBC iPlayer - but it also has a 500GB hard drive (against 320GB for the Humax)- over 250 hours of recording time - best of all we are doing a short initial launch of the 500GB model at just £199.95 which is a completely bonkers price - normal price is £249.95.

We have plenty of stock of both these models so just drop us a line if you would like to grab them at the Boardie special price - and unfortunately as above - this is a really limited offer only available for a short time!

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 mjnolan1

Boardies - Get ready for the World Cup - 63 matches in Full HD free of charge and it's just 20 days away from today!

So we came up with an offer for Boardies for this weekend - We have just received 1st of the new range of Sagemcom Freesat HD receivers and Recorders and they are the dog's danglies - and we are doing a Boardie exclusive special to launch them!

There are 2 models in stock already - the receiver is called the DSI86 and it's a great quality Freesat Receiver which also featured BBC iPlayer straight from the box - we are launching it for Boardies for a very limited time at just £86.99 - this is a Boardie Exclusive price - after the weekend they will go to £99.95.

The big daddy of the range however is the DTR94500 - this again features BBC iPlayer - but it also has a 500GB hard drive (against 320GB for the Humax)- over 250 hours of recording time and even better it also features picture in picture - best of all we are doing a short initial launch of the 500GB model at just £199.95 which is a completely bonkers price - normal price is £249.95.

We have plenty of stock of both these models so just drop us a line if you would like to grab them at the Boardie special price - and unfortunately as above - this is a really limited offer only available for a short time!

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Will these units work out of the box in the south connected to a Sky Satelite Dish ?

Thanks,

Morgan

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi mjnolan1.

Yip it will work with a Sky Satelite Dish in the South Of Ireland. All you have to do it connect it up just like the Sky box and then enter a UK postcode. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

are these in dublin today?

Hey subway.

Unfortunately they are all here in Belfast with RicherSounds. :D

The Earliest that I could have one delivered to Dublin for you would be Tuesday.

Delivery on these boxes would be £11.99

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Hi Kenny,

I have an out of subscription Sky HD box and can get BBC HD and ITV HD, but cannot sky+ them so would be interested in one one of the hard drive models.

Do you have a link that tells me what channels can be got on these boxes?

Thanks
    Paddy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Also Kenny...

Can we get the Freesat stuff and BBC player down to our dishes in the South? - I am guessing so but need to check for gotchas;)

Thanks

Hey paddydriver.

Have a little look over the following link for info on the FreeSat:
    http://www.freesat.co.uk/

http://www.sagemcomdigital.co.uk/freesat.aspx

You Will get all the features advertised with the Sagem Box including BBC i Player.

You need to input a UK postcode when setting up the box to ensure it will function with no issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭E30i

Hey paddydriver.

Have a little look over the following link for info on the FreeSat:
    http://www.freesat.co.uk/

http://www.sagemcomdigital.co.uk/freesat.aspx

You Will get all the features advertised with the Sagem Box including BBC i Player.

You need to input a UK postcode when setting up the box to ensure it will function with no issues.

Hi Kenny/Poster

Just a note of caution on iPlayer. I have been unable to use this functionality in the South on my Humax (Bought from RS) This isn't a complaint at all as it is nothing to do with the box but it is my understanding that you can't use iPlayer with a ISP outside the UK. Best to clarify for definate if this functionality is important to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 brett1985

If you put in a NI postcode you don't get ITV HD. At least that is what happened when setting up my LG.

itv hd is england/wales only.
    iplayer is geo locked so i cant see it working in the republic

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

iplayer will work through a uk proxy, it won't work on an irish ip

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mjmc4004

ill take one and also sony 1000 av reciver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 mjnolan1

Hi Kenny ,

I will take a DSI86, I have sent John & Ursula a PM on this.

Thanks,

Morgan

• Registered Users Posts: 14 joe1320

The big daddy of the range however is the DTR94500 - this again features BBC iPlayer - but it also has a 500GB hard drive (against 320GB for the Humax)- over 250 hours of recording time and even better it also features picture in picture - best of all we are doing a short initial launch of the 500GB model at just £199.95 which is a completely bonkers price - normal price is £249.95.

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

hi john,
    i take the 500gb please , if i could pick it up in dublin thanks joe

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

E30i wrote: »
    Hi Kenny/Poster

Just a note of caution on iPlayer. I have been unable to use this functionality in the South on my Humax (Bought from RS) This isn't a complaint at all as it is nothing to do with the box but it is my understanding that you can't use iPlayer with a ISP outside the UK. Best to clarify for definate if this functionality is important to you.

agreed, this should probably be clearer in the OP rather than pushing the iPlayer feature so hard..

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

John,

Interested in getting one of these. Sent you a PM.

Cheers,
    manster

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

mjmc4004 wrote: »
    ill take one and also sony 1000 av reciver

Mj,

Thanks a million for the order - I'll get one of the guys to give you a shout - we are out of stock of the Sony STRDN1000 until Friday but I'll get one reserved for you and we will ship them out together for you on Friday to save you shipping charges.

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

brett1985 wrote: »
    If you put in a NI postcode you don't get ITV HD. At least that is what happened when setting up my LG.

Yep,

I have put a central London postcode into mine and ITV HD is loud & proud - you can easily change the postcode and of course you can still see the regions such as UTV if you really want (they just take a bit of digging - go backwards from channel 101)

On the iPlayer issue - yes iPlayer unfortunately is a UK only feature - our NI Customers can use it no problem - some of our ROI Customer have been able to use it via roundabout methods - however whilst it is a feature on this unit it would be fairer to say that it only applies to NI / UK users :(.

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist,

ATB,

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Hi john and crew,
    is this offer still available or has it expired? Also would you happen to know what the story is with the DTR94500 and proxy configuration? I ask this in reference to the iPlayer comments. The only weekpoint of the fab humax HD OCR I previously got from you is that it does not allow you to set up internet traffic through a proxy (as u can with many other web connected peoducts (wii's, pc's etc) if DTR94500 allowed proxy config then you could overcome the iplayer limitations.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

Might be interested in one of these. Possibly the DTR94500. It would be for my mother, she wouldn't be the biggest football fan and with the World Cup starting soon and just the one TV and box in the house (and normal TV signal being rubbish) its a bad time of the year for her :P. So I might buy her one of these, possibly along with a nice 32" TV, while I'm feeling generous.

This is only a thought at the minute, need to check funds etc. :)

So what could you guys do for me along the lines of one of these boxes and a nice TV? Would the DTR94500 be overkill? Not sure she would make use of some of the extra features. Although the recording may be handy. Also Guess I'd need a dish too. There used to be an old sky dish at the side of the house but I think they took that down when we got Sky Digital years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Couple of possibly dumb questions:

1. If you already have a Sky digital minidish, do you need to fiddle with this (alignment, etc) or is it just plug and play?

2. Can you get the Irish TV channels with these systems?

joe1320 wrote: »
    hi john,
    i take the 500gb please , if i could pick it up in dublin thanks joe

Joe,

Thanks for that order - they will be in The Philips Shop Tomorrow afternoon and I'll have one reserved for you and we will give you a call as soon as they land - the €uro price is €234.99 (or you can pay in sterling of course ) Have a look at the 3D demo in the Philips shop whilst you are in!

Thanks again and please do drop me a line if I can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

1. If you already have a Sky digital minidish, do you need to fiddle with this (alignment, etc) or is it just plug and play?
    plug and play
    2. Can you get the Irish TV channels with these systems?
    no irish channels

Hi john and crew,
    is this offer still available or has it expired? Also would you happen to know what the story is with the DTR94500 and proxy configuration? I ask this in reference to the iPlayer comments. The only weekpoint of the fab humax HD OCR I previously got from you is that it does not allow you to set up internet traffic through a proxy (as u can with many other web connected peoducts (wii's, pc's etc) if DTR94500 allowed proxy config then you could overcome the iplayer limitations.
    Thanks

Irish,

We will hold this offer open until Tuesday evening as I have been bombarded with emails and calls this morning from Customer begging for the offer to be extended (and of course I am ever obliging 'Hic' :D).

On the Proxy issue - Dave who is our IT Guru is off until Wednesday ( we still cannot get those Robots to work correctly and we have to give SOME time off :rolleyes:) but I'll get him to have a play on Thursday and see if there is a work around - in the meantime - please assume that if you are in the ROI - that iPlayer won't work!

Thanks again,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

subway wrote: »
    plug and play

no irish channels

Yep Sub is dead right - however for the 500GB it helps if you have 2 spare LNB ports as the DTR94500 has twin tuners!

On the Irish channel issue - at the moment - not a possibility!

Thanks again Sub and as ever drop me a line if these is anything we can assist with,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

chris_ie wrote: »
    Might be interested in one of these. Possibly the DTR94500. It would be for my mother, she wouldn't be the biggest football fan and with the World Cup starting soon and just the one TV and box in the house (and normal TV signal being rubbish) its a bad time of the year for her :P. So I might buy her one of these, possibly along with a nice 32" TV, while I'm feeling generous.

This is only a thought at the minute, need to check funds etc. :)

So what could you guys do for me along the lines of one of these boxes and a nice TV? Would the DTR94500 be overkill? Not sure she would make use of some of the extra features. Although the recording may be handy. Also Guess I'd need a dish too. There used to be an old sky dish at the side of the house but I think they took that down when we got Sky Digital years ago.

Chris - I can do the following:

LG 32LH2000
    Sagemcon DTR94500

For £499.90 / €589.99 - this is a killer price.

On the 'is it too complicated for Mammy' query - they really are a doddle to use - the menu system is great and the recording is just so simple it's untrue!

However as you are probably already aware - there is no RTE on Freesat and Mam would have to use either the normal or MPEG4 tuner on the LG LH2000 to get the RTE's.

On the dish front we don't sell these at the moment - however try Tony from Satellite.ie - he is a big Boardie and a long time friend of RS and offers excellent he can be reached here: You can phone us from 9am to 7pm Mon to Fri. on 01- 4526039.
    He can arrange everything from just an LNB or a dish to full install and he has been around a long time ( Sorry Tony - yes you are as old as me ;))

Thanks again and keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Yep Sub is dead right - however for the 500GB it helps if you have 2 spare LNB ports as the DTR94500 has twin tuners!

On the Irish channel issue - at the moment - not a possibility!

Thanks again Sub and as ever drop me a line if these is anything we can assist with,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

I have a Sky+ box. AFAIK this means I have a quad LNB of which 2 are used for the Sky+ box. Am I right in saying I could run cable from the 2 'spare' LNBs and use both the Freesat and Sky+?

edit: actually, I'm guessing the dish can't pick up 2 satellites at once?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

Chris - I can do the following:

LG 32LH2000
    Sagemcon DTR94500

For £499.90 / €589.99 - this is a killer price.

On the 'is it too complicated for Mammy' query - they really are a doddle to use - the menu system is great and the recording is just so simple it's untrue!

However as you are probably already aware - there is no RTE on Freesat and Mam would have to use either the normal or MPEG4 tuner on the LG LH2000 to get the RTE's.

On the dish front we don't sell these at the moment - however try Tony from Satellite.ie - he is a big Boardie and a long time friend of RS and offers excellent he can be reached here: You can phone us from 9am to 7pm Mon to Fri. on 01- 4526039.
    He can arrange everything from just an LNB or a dish to full install and he has been around a long time ( Sorry Tony - yes you are as old as me ;))

Thanks again and keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Very tempting deal indeed. I've emailed the guys at Satellite.ie there now. Although just realised there is a Sky Digital dish on the house already. I could just add a triple LNB to that couldn't I? (One for existing sky and other 2 for Freesat box)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

I have a Sky+ box. AFAIK this means I have a quad LNB of which 2 are used for the Sky+ box. Am I right in saying I could run cable from the 2 'spare' LNBs and use both the Freesat and Sky+?

edit: actually, I'm guessing the dish can't pick up 2 satellites at once?

freesat and sky use the same satellite, and you can use the spare LNB's exactly as you described

• Advertisement

chris_ie wrote: »
    Very tempting deal indeed. I've emailed the guys at Satellite.ie there now. Although just realised there is a Sky Digital dish on the house already. I could just add a triple LNB to that couldn't I? (One for existing sky and other 2 for Freesat box)

Exactly - 'cept it would normally be a Quad LNB - Tell Tony we sent you and I'm sure he will do his best for you,

ATB & keep me posted,

John Mc & crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.