If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardies EXCLUSIVE Deal - Freesat HD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

Exactly - 'cept it would normally be a Quad LNB - Tell Tony we sent you and I'm sure he will do his best for you,

ATB & keep me posted,

John Mc & crew

Got price for quad LNB off him. (Should have guess there wouldn't be such a thing as a triple LNB :rolleyes:). 80% going for your offer. I'll be in contact later :D

Also, told a mate in the office here about the Freesat deal and he may want one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Hi John,

Sent you a PM on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

John,

When is the soonest I can get my hands on the HD recorder? Tony is doing my satellite install next Monday and I need to have it by then.

Cheers,
    manster

PM'd you John.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

John,

Thanks for your PM. I'll have it delivered (Stillorgan) if that's ok and will pay over the phone when your guy calls.

Your PM box if full.

This deal must be flying off the shelves!!

BenEadir

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 fcukhu

PM'd my order there, John.

Thanks,

Conor

Hi John,

Any news on delivery of my DTR94500? I've Barry Hogan lined up to install the dish and run the cables. All I need now is the box. ;)

Regards,

Ben

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

BenEadir wrote: »
    Hi John,

Any news on delivery of my DTR94500? I've Barry Hogan lined up to install the dish and run the cables. All I need now is the box. ;)

Regards,

Ben

Ben,

apologies - they are now available from stock In The Philips Shop for collection - or I can have one sent out to you tomorrow for delivery on Friday - whichever you prefer??

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

John, can you stick me down for a 500gb one if there is any left?
    Regards

Hi John,

I'll collect it tomorrow afternoon if that suits? I should be into you around 3pm.

It is the Philips shop on Dame St / Georges St?

Ben

• Advertisement

Hi John,

I'll collect it tomorrow afternoon if that suits? I should be into you around 3pm.

It is the Philips shop on Dame St / Georges St?

Ben

Ben,

Yep - that's the one on the corner of Dame Street & George's Street - I'll have the guys have one ready for you - I'll have teh guys reserve it for you at the Boardie launch price.

Look forward to seeing you,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

gman2k wrote: »
    John, can you stick me down for a 500gb one if there is any left?
    Regards

Gman,

I'll break the rules - I'll get you one at the launch price - (the offer was to finish on Tuesday :rolleyes: ) - I'll get the guys to give you a shout!

But I do have to finish the launch offer now, guys - I will continue to do a boardie special on the 500GB Freesat HD at just £209.95 / €249.99 and £89.95 / €109.99 on the Freesat HD STB receiver only which is a cracking deal!

Keep me posted if we can assist,

ATB,

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Gman,

I'll break the rules - I'll get you one at the launch price - (the offer was to finish on Tuesday :rolleyes: ) - I'll get the guys to give you a shout!

But I do have to finish the launch offer now, guys - I will continue to do a boardie special on the 500GB Freesat HD at just £209.95 / €249.99 and £89.95 / €109.99 on the Freesat HD STB receiver only which is a cracking deal!

ATB,

John Mc

Cheers John, as always, a top gent :D

Thanks John, I'll see you later.

Picked up the box John with no problems, thanks very much.

Great shop BTW. I used to be a customer of the lads in Alliance Electric who always gave me sound advice, good pricing and great service before they closed last month.

Thankfully I've found the same with yourself and your online crew. I hope to be a happy customer for many years.

Regards,

Ben

Picked up the box John with no problems, thanks very much.

Great shop BTW. I used to be a customer of the lads in Alliance Electric who always gave me sound advice, good pricing and great service before they closed last month.

Thankfully I've found the same with yourself and your online crew. I hope to be a happy customer for many years.

Regards,

Ben

Ben,

Thanks a milllion for the Biz - & we were sad to see Alliance close as well - we had been neighbours for over a decade - it's really tough out here at the moment and we really appreciate your business and all the Boardies support and hopefully we can continue to offer you the same level of service into the future,

Thanks again,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Do these boxes also have progeammed settings for hotbird 13e and astra 19e - I like watch some italian, French and german tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Gman,

ATB,

John Mc

PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Gambiaman

Appologies I didn't see your post:o
    I have one set aside as a customer order for you in the shop.
    Its reserved under your name.

Just ask for me when you call in

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭davenewt

Hey Ash, did you not get my PM on Tuesday 25th? (the day John said the offer was closing, just for the record) ;)

Potentially looking at something like the DTR94320S.

Can these boxes take an aerial (freeview) input as well as freesat, so we can get Irish channels too, through the one box? If not, do such boxes exist, or are two separate systems required?

Cheers,
    Dave.

• Advertisement

Hi Davenewt

These boxes are FREESAT only - they are not MPEG4 (for Irish DTV) or FREEVIEW compatible - that would be too good to expect:)

I have one remaining instore I can reserve it for you at €249.99?

Hope you are enjoying your new TV.

atb
    Ash

Hi Gambiaman

Appologies I didn't see your post:o
    I have one set aside as a customer order for you in the shop.
    Its reserved under your name.

Just ask for me when you call in

Cheers
    Ash

Thanks Ashley, I'll be in Saturday morning.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭davenewt

Hi Davenewt

These boxes are FREESAT only - they are not MPEG4 (for Irish DTV) or FREEVIEW compatible - that would be too good to expect:)

I have one remaining instore I can reserve it for you at €249.99?

Hope you are enjoying your new TV.

atb
    Ash

Thanks Ash. The new TV's great, albeit still without a HD source to enjoy on it :(

I'll pass on that particular Freesat box for the mo. We need the Irish channels... well, someone needs them, for Greys Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, etc... ;)

Have been looking at something like this (Edision Argus mini 2 in 1 IP Combo HD Satellite/DTT Receiver) but there's a couple of dealbreakers, such as the lack of 7-day EPG for FreeSat channels, and the limitations on recording from one source when watching another channel (can only view and record simultaneously on channels on the same MUX, as I understand it - that's a bit of an annoyance I'd rather not have to work around!)

Let me know if you ever do anything like that and I'll certainly be interested.

Cheers,
    Dave.

Hi all,

I just wanted to say a big thank you to John Mc and the crew in RicherSounds. The Sagem DTR 94500 does exactly what it says on the tin and at a great price so kudos to John Mc for bringing the World Cup in glorious HD to my casa. Its almost (but not!) as good as being there.

If it's not inappropriate can I also give a big thank you and serius thumbs up to Barry Hogan of DigiSats (www.digisats.ie) who surveyed the house on Tuesday, gave me a fixed price for installing a quad LNB dish in a discreet location and squeezed in the installation this afternoon when I told him this morning that I'd collected the box and was dying to set it up. Not only did he fit the dish using a very strong looking bracket but he didn't take the easy option of running the cables around the outside of the house to the room the box is in, instead he drilled through the wall, ran the cable through the attic and down to the box as tidy as could possibly be done.

If you want a high quality and tidy job done I couldn't recommend him enough.

Cheers to both and good luck to everyone else getting this amazing box, it's the mutts nuts. :cool:

Ben

Hi Folks

I have a couple remaining in stock of both types of Sagem FREESAT boxes in The Philips Shop at the mo' with more to come down to me next week.

It would seem (as usual:)) that Boardies are the ones in the know as ALL my stock instore has gone into Boardie homes....
    Guess we need to get the word out to the general public:)

Give us a buzz on 01 474 0788 or contact us through Boards and we'll reserve one for you as they are being snapped up fast.

cheers
    Ash

I picked one up today, thanks Ash.

So far so good, it does what it says on the tin - very easy to setup, 8 day epg etc etc

Very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

How does the 500gb model compare to the Humax HD Freesat?

Thanks

Dixiefly and everyone else interested in the Sagem DTR 94500 have a look here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055925333

I thought it would be useful for us to have a thread where we can share our expereinces of the box and not pollute John Mc's thread.

Ben

Box works well, mum was happy with it :). Cheers guys, another great deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Dixiefly and everyone else interested in the Sagem DTR 94500 have a look here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055925333

I thought it would be useful for us to have a thread where we can share our expereinces of the box and not pollute John Mc's thread.

Ben

I had a quick check over on that other thread and there is very little regarding my specific query.

I was wondering how this compares with the Humax, users of the Sagem may not have a Humax. I put my brother in the way of a Humax (& Philips TV) with yourselves a couple of months ago & he is really happy with the box & TV. I was planning on getting a Humax or Free To Air box in the near future.

I would just like to know the differences as the price difference is not huge if the Humax was a better box. If it is appropriate to answer in the other thread then go ahead, I just would like to know the comparison as the Humax is a very popular item.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.