If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardies EXCLUSIVE Deal - Freesat HD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

BenEadir wrote: »
    Hi all,

If it's not inappropriate can I also give a big thank you and serius thumbs up to Barry Hogan of DigiSats (www.digisats.ie) who surveyed the house on Tuesday, gave me a fixed price for installing a quad LNB dish in a discreet location and squeezed in the installation this afternoon when I told him this morning that I'd collected the box and was dying to set it up. Not only did he fit the dish using a very strong looking bracket but he didn't take the easy option of running the cables around the outside of the house to the room the box is in, instead he drilled through the wall, ran the cable through the attic and down to the box as tidy as could possibly be done.

If you want a high quality and tidy job done I couldn't recommend him enough.

Cheers to both and good luck to everyone else getting this amazing box, it's the mutts nuts. :cool:

Ben

Hi John,

Picked up my Sagem (was going to say "box" there but thought that sounded a bit dodgy!) yesterday in sunny Belfast - thanks for same. The Belfast Megastore was looking great in the sun!

Barry is coming tomorrow afternoon to fit and instal mine so delighted to see approval from a fellow boardie, and thanks again John for putting me onto him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 mjnolan1

Hi John & Co,

Once again a big Thank You for supplying the Sagem Box, Barry came this afternoon and installed a Satellite Dish in my father in-law's house. he is over the moon with his new toy...

:)

Morgan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Dixiefly,

I've started a Humax Vs Sagem discussion on the Sagem DTR 94500 thread (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055925333) and posted my own observations from trying to compare the two.

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Hi John,

Barry came and installed today (thanks Barry!) and the highest compliment I can give is that even the missus had no complaints with either the new piece of kit of the installation! Trust me, that's saying something :)

Thanks again.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi John,

Barry came and installed today (thanks Barry!) and the highest compliment I can give is that even the missus had no complaints with either the new piece of kit of the installation! Trust me, that's saying something :)

Thanks again.

We are collectively in AWE....:eek:

(ok now you have got away with that - what's next..?)

Thanks again ButterS,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭mcgarrett

But I do have to finish the launch offer now, guys - I will continue to do a boardie special on the 500GB Freesat HD at just £209.95 / €249.99 and £89.95 / €109.99 on the Freesat HD STB receiver only which is a cracking deal!

Keep me posted if we can assist,

ATB,

John Mc

Guys

If you have any of the freesat HD STB at €109.99 left stick my name on one and will call to Phillips store to collect.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

The big daddy of the range however is the DTR94500 - this again features BBC iPlayer - but it also has a 500GB hard drive (against 320GB for the Humax)- over 250 hours of recording time and even better it also features picture in picture - best of all we are doing a short initial launch of the 500GB model at just £199.95 which is a completely bonkers price - normal price is £249.95.

John,

Can you tell me how to get the picture in picture working? It doesn't say anything about it in the manual.
    http://www.sagemcomdigital.co.uk/documents/DTR94250_DTR94500T-HD-Manual.pdf
    This was one of the main reasons I bought this model.
    Thanks,
    manster

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

brett1985 wrote: »
    If you put in a NI postcode you don't get ITV HD. At least that is what happened when setting up my LG.

I simply took a bottle of sauce out of my kitchen press and input the UK postcode off it. ITV HD and BBC HD available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Mcgarrett

I have one of these set aside for you.
    Your order number is 2155889

Its set aside and ready to roll

atb
    Ash

Can someone please confirm whether the picture-in-picture as advertised in the opening post works on the Sagem DTR94500?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ROS123

Ashley have you any of the lower priced sagems left (€110) ? I am looking for one for the world cup.

Hey ROS123

I have a rapidly dwindling supply of them:)
    Shall I set on aside for you as a customer order?

Ash

Please do, I can have my son collect it tomorrow. Can I call you with payment details ?

No worries at all
    Can you pm me your contact details and I'll put you up on the system for one now.

Cheers
    Ash

Ash, I have sent you a pm. Thank you...

Hi Ros123

This box is reserved and ready to roll for you
    Its reserved under your name.

Thanks for the order

atb
    Ash

Hi Manster

I have the techie guys working on that question for you - we'll get back to you with an answer.

atb
    Ash

Hi Guys

We are checking the status of PiP functions with Sagem and should have more info later in the afternoon.

Cheers
    Ash

manster wrote: »
    Can someone please confirm whether the picture-in-picture as advertised in the opening post works on the Sagem DTR94500?

Manster & Boardies,

apologies for the delay coming back on this - I have finally had word back from Sagemcom reference the picture in picture issue - they did originally say that this was a standard feature with the 250 & 500GB Freeasat HD recorders - however they now say that it will be added as a free of charge upgrade via their website - however they cannot give me a timescale on this.

If any of you guys have bought it purely for the PIP feature we will of course refund in full including postage etc.

Apologies for the inconvenience and I'll keep on at sagemcom to try to ensure we get this feature,

Apologies again (esp to Manster!)

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Manster & Boardies,

apologies for the delay coming back on this - I have finally had word back from Sagemcom reference the picture in picture issue - they did originally say that this was a standard feature with the 250 & 500GB Freeasat HD recorders - however they now say that it will be added as a free of charge upgrade via their website - however they cannot give me a timescale on this.

If any of you guys have bought it purely for the PIP feature we will of course refund in full including postage etc.

Apologies for the inconvenience and I'll keep on at sagemcom to try to ensure we get this feature,

Apologies again (esp to Manster!)

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John Mc & Crew,

Thank you for your eventual response. I appreciate your apology.

The Sagem DTR94500 is an impressive piece of hardware and really does tick all the other boxes in relation to the features that I require. However, as the PiP was, as stated above, one of the main reasons that I bought the Sagem DTR94500 I appreciate (as I imagine do the other boardies) the offer by Richersounds to make a full refund.

To the other boardies who are satisfied to keep the piece of hardware and are willing to wait for Sagem to make the feature available, I feel that an alternative form of compensation from Richersounds.ie should be offered.

Speaking for myself, I have paid €254.64 (including postage) for this hardware, so I'd like to give the opportunity to Richersounds.ie to make the appropriate response.

Regards,
    manster

• Advertisement

John Mc & Crew,

Thank you for your eventual response. I appreciate your apology.

The Sagem DTR94500 is an impressive piece of hardware and really does tick all the other boxes in relation to the features that I require. However, as the PiP was, as stated above, one of the main reasons that I bought the Sagem DTR94500 I appreciate (as I imagine do the other boardies) the offer by Richersounds to make a full refund.

To the other boardies who are satisfied to keep the piece of hardware and are willing to wait for Sagem to make the feature available, I feel that an alternative form of compensation from Richersounds.ie should be offered.

Speaking for myself, I have paid €254.64 (including postage) for this hardware, so I'd like to give the opportunity to Richersounds.ie to make the appropriate response.

Regards,
    manster

Manster,

again apologies - the units were sold to us on the basis of having PIP - I appreciate that now this is not the case and I personally cannot guarantee when Sagem will enable this feature (I wish I could :o)

Above offering to refund the unit completely and refunding the delivery charges and covering the collection I cannot do more at this stage - I'm not sure what compensation you are suggesting?

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

john mc & crew,

the fact there is no timescale or guarantee for the PiP feature is disappointing.

can you let us know how long the offer of refund in full including postage will be open for.

imo returning the box for this reason alone is the nuclear option and to my mind a simpler alterntive recompense for those that don't return the box should also be offered.

thanks,
    manster

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

john mc & crew,

the fact there is no timescale or guarantee for the PiP feature is disappointing.

can you let us know how long the offer of refund in full including postage will be open for.

imo returning the box for this reason alone is the nuclear option and to my mind a simpler alterntive recompense for those that don't return the box should also be offered.

thanks,
    manster

Oh, I used to work in retail, I really miss those days for some reason....:rolleyes:

Thanks for the Sagem guys, had it delivered the other week - still in the packaging, and will be holding onto it!
    Should go well with the Cinewide TV that I paid for yesterday in the Philips Store, big thanks to Ashley, and to Ian yesterday also!

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

Hi John,

I'm interested in any box that is returned if the offer is over - what's your best price ?
    when will it be available ?

PM me if you want it to take it off line.

Thanks
    john mc & crew,

thanks,
    manster

I just got my sagem dsi86 hooked up literaly as the first match is starting. Panic, therre is no ITV HD !! Do I need to prpogram it manually or something ?

ROS123,

You need to use a London post code NOT a Northern Ireland post code. I understand ITV HD is only fully available in England with 'some' availability on UTV - Clearly not the World Cup. Here's a post code for Kensington you could try.

SW7 2NJ

Let me know if it works for ya!!

Ben

Ben thats what I did alright put in a NI code, how do I reset it please. Sorry if its a stoopid question...

ROS123,

I'm not at my box so can't recall exactly but it should be in setup or settings. Worst case scenario reset to factory settings and set up again.

Ben

Ben thanks for that, panic over..... much appreciated, looking forward to wc in hd....

• Advertisement

You're very welcome Ros123. Be aware that you won't have UTV and will instead have the "Carlton" variation of ITV for the London region so no more "Hearts and Minds" to keep you up to date on NI politics but you will know exactly how congested the M25 is each rush hour and how the tube is running which is far more interesting IMO plus you'll have a full channel of HD including the World Cup.

Enjoy.

Ben

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.