If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardies EXCLUSIVE Deal - Freesat HD

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

manster wrote: »
    John Mc & Crew,

Thank you for your eventual response. I appreciate your apology.

The Sagem DTR94500 is an impressive piece of hardware and really does tick all the other boxes in relation to the features that I require. However, as the PiP was, as stated above, one of the main reasons that I bought the Sagem DTR94500 I appreciate (as I imagine do the other boardies) the offer by Richersounds to make a full refund.

To the other boardies who are satisfied to keep the piece of hardware and are willing to wait for Sagem to make the feature available, I feel that an alternative form of compensation from Richersounds.ie should be offered.

Speaking for myself, I have paid €254.64 (including postage) for this hardware, so I'd like to give the opportunity to Richersounds.ie to make the appropriate response.

Regards,
    manster

I don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

I believe John & Richersounds have already made the apropriate response.
    Under distance selling regulations Richersounds are fulfilling their obligations to purchasers by offering customers a full refund. It is therefore up to each purchaser to return the goods for a full refund within a reasonable period of time or accept the goods as per the revised list of current features.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

Kaisr Sose, gambiaman,

The fact that manster's post suggests to RS how it should deal with other customers has opened a door to some extent for other customers to give their reaction, and your posts are a reflection of that situation. However, I'd be very grateful if, having made your views known in such admirably concise terms, the matter could now be left to RS to respond to manster.

To all Posters:

I am making the same request to all other posters on this thread. This is a matter for RS to deal with and while you may feel it is appropriate to express your views on the subject, I am requesting that a certain degree of restraint be shown here. RS have displayed their ability to maintain standards of customer care repeatedly on this forum and I believe that it would be preferrable by far to allow RS to deal with this issue without the benefit of additional commentary.

I would be genuinely grateful for posters' co-operation on this.

Thanks,

Ritz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Folks

Take your all enjoying the World Cup in HD yes?
    We have one wall of TV's showing it in all its glory in the shop - 7 screens all showing the same thing certainly grabs the eye:)

Now if only we could sell beer................

atb
    Ash

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Guys,

ok to cover a few points (and apologies for the delay getting back to you - I 'm away at a Marantz launch in Portugal so I have limitd web access - some really nice product guys but more of that later):

1. On the Post code thing - yep for some reason if you enter an NI postcode you won't get access to ITV HD - however if you enter ant other UK region postcode you will get shiny ITV HD this is not a Sagemcom limitation, but a Freesat HD issue.

2. On the Picture in Picture issue - again I apologise, we were told that the 250 and 500 GB units had picture in picture - however we are now told that it will be added as a firmware upgrade - this was a genuine error and in no way deliberate - we would have to be pretty stupid to claim knowingly a unit had a feature that it did not have - I have asked what form of compensation was required - however we really do not have much wriggle room on these units as we priced them espcially for Boardies at a really tight margin - I'm happy to offer any Boardie who has purchased either a 250 or 500 GB Sagemcom before today a voucher valued at 10% of their Sagemcom purchase against any purchase over the next 12 months from either Richer sounds or The Philips shop - and we are also happy to offer a full refund of the full purchase price - the shipping costs and we will collect free of charge - in other words - if you want to return it we will give you a voucher valued at 10% of your purchase and if you would like to keep it you can also avail of the 10% voucher either against your Sagemco or any other purchase - I will keep this offer open until the end of July for any Boardies who would like to return their units.

Hope that clears up things - we are not here to annoy you guys (thanks Ritzy BTW)

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc

PS I'm back in the office Monday

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

folks use this post code
    SE26 5JG - works instore

Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭eoinm1

Hi RicherSounds Crew

Do you still have the Sagem DSI86 Freesat HD STB for €109.99?
    And do you still have stock?

I would be interested in collecting from the Philips shop on Saturday 10th if you have them. Although if you open late during the week I could pick up in the evening during the week.

Regards,
    Eoinm1

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey eoinm1.

Thanks for the Post.

If you want to PM me a contact number for yourself then I can give you a call and arrange to have the Box sent to The Philips Shop for you to collect. :)

Hi Eoinm1

I do have one in stock at the moment but can get hold of more next

If you'd like me to hold it for you I'll be happy to do so, just let me know.
    If not please phone us prior to making a trip in to collect one to make sure we have stock.

We close at 6pm most days of the week apart from Thusrday (7pm) and Sunday 5pm.

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭eoinm1

Thanks to both Ash and Kenny for the replies.

Ash - Can I ask you to set aside the 1 you have in stock and I will try to come in tomorrow or on Thursday.

Kenny - Thanks for your help.

I'll PM Ash with my number.

Thanks Lads,
    Eoinm1

• Advertisement

No Problem at all Eoinm1.

At least one of us could get you sorted :)

Hi Eoinm1

I have that box ready to roll for you - its on hold in my office.

If you call in tomorrow ask for Thomas and he will look after you.
    I'll be here Thursday

Thanks for the order

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Hi Richersounds,

I've a new problem with my machine. When I power it on the LCD display displays "lnit" and I can't get any signal through to the TV.

Any idea what this is? I've searched online without success, the only thing I could find was a posting on a french forum which indicates someone else having the same problem but my French is too poor to suss out whether or not they were able to get it resolved.

Can you advise the best course of action?

Regards,

Ben

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

BenEadir wrote: »
    Hi Richersounds,

I've a new problem with my machine. When I power it on the LCD display displays "lnit" and I can't get any signal through to the TV.

Any idea what this is? I've searched online without success, the only thing I could find was a posting on a french forum which indicates someone else having the same problem but my French is too poor to suss out whether or not they were able to get it resolved.

Can you advise the best course of action?

Regards,

Ben

Ben,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - we have had virtually no issues with the DTR94500 so I'm not familiar with the issue. You can call Sagemcom tech support from 09:00 – 17:00, Monday to Friday and they will offer expert guidance on your product.

They can be reached at 0044.845.0900.316

However if they cannot sort it out for you rapid - just give us a shout and we will get it swapped out for you no issue.

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Stillnotworking

John / Kenny,

What is the current price on the Sagem dtr94500 and the Humax equivalent. Also do you have them in stock .

Thanks.

Hey Stillnotworking.

The current price on the Sagem DTR94500 (500GB) would be £183.95
    (In Stock)
    http://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=&Mode=0&CategoryID=6&SUB=101&ProductID=1046

The Humax Version is only 320GB and is coming in at £229.95
    (Pending Stock)
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=930&Mode=0&productid=840&Results=true&keys=humax

Both are excellent little units :) but the Sagem gives more recording space for your cash.

Let me know if I can be of any further help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

Im looking to buy a freesat PVR, Im biasing towards the Segam as its cheaper and has a bigger hard-drive.

Is there any other major differences between them? (inc reliability?)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Also interested in knowing this, as I am close to telling Sky to take a running jump...

Hey Mullingar & Blastman.

There is no real difference in reliability between either of these two Manufacturers :)

If either were purchased you would be more than happy with there performance!

In two minds to purchase one myself and let Sky go also!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Just went to set up my Sat box yesterday, and found there was no power supply unit included in the kit.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

gman2k,

Given that response times have been affected from time to time over the past couple of wweks, I'd suggest that you contact RS direct to make sure that you get a swift resolution.

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Hi guys interested in pricing a HD Sat PVR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Efb.

The most cost effective HD Sat PVR that we have is the Sagem 500GB model which is just £183.95 / 229.99 Euro.

This is cheaper and has a larger capacity than the Humax which is currently £229.95.

Hope this helps but let me know if you need anymore info.

ATB

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Anything with a combo mpeg 4 tuner?
    (I'm not looking for much)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.