Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom 7Meg

• 21-05-2010 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

Just upgraded to this package

Just a couple of questions.

How long does it take for the router to start synching at the new speed?

The "Engineers" told me once its set to 7 i can ring them and ask for the interleaving to be turned off, is that true?

Line stats

SN Margin (dB) 29.10 15.00
    Line Attenuation (dB) 11.00 8.00

It took 2 hours to download a blue-ray rip last night so its inspired me to get more speed!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭maninaskirt

I'm with UTV and when they adjust my profile its pretty much instant, at least within 30 mins.....as for the interleaving I'm not sure, UTV adjust at request on the 4mb thru to 6Mb but once its set at 7.6 they say they cant adjust it from default....maybe Eircon can??? Maybe its because I have 672k up and not 384k?? I'm interested on how you get on as I would love to go Fastpath for MW2.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭harryohh

nuxxx wrote: »
    Hi

Just upgraded to this package

Just a couple of questions.

How long does it take for the router to start synching at the new speed?

The "Engineers" told me once its set to 7 i can ring them and ask for the interleaving to be turned off, is that true?

the router should sync within a few minutes.

As for interleaving i rang them up and it was done within minutes.I was pleasantly surprised.

You can also have interleaving turned down/off by going to their official help forums and the mods there can do it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

harryohh wrote: »
    the router should sync within a few minutes.

As for interleaving i rang them up and it was done within minutes.I was pleasantly surprised.

You can also have interleaving turned down/off by going to their official help forums and the mods there can do it for you.

Download Speed: 6123 kbps (765.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 321 kbps (40.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

Syncing at full speed

Gona ring them ask them to turn off the interleaving, getting 30ms to boards, was 12 beforehand

All sorted, 35ms to germany and 10ms to irish servers. Delighted

Advertisement