Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A&E Madness.

• 21-05-2010 2:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭

So I had the delight of spending the 10 of the last 14 hours in A&E and for all the ****e public service workers get I think anyone involved out there it should be doubled.

It was simply crazy last night, on the way in I said to myself that with the majority of students gone it will prob be quiet and TBF it was when we arrived only a few broken bones floating around, then as if they got off work at 3am they came. Scumbags as high as kites and drunkards all floating around telling who thy were fighingt in town.

Two plain clothes garda came and arrested one guy for basically being drugged off his tits, I had one guy tell me in detail how he was fighting in town and then starting on q complete randomer then another guy saying twisted too saying he'd knife anyone who came near him with stiches.

I dunno how many of ya on here have been out there at this time but I will def think twice before I bitch and moan about the staff, they still took ages to get herself a bed though :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

most importantly, I trust she'll not be there too long.

It can get pretty horrific after the pubs though. I suppose the trick is to have your accident early in the day :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Ah ya, it's only an eye infection by the
    look of it they just gonna keep
    her in till it clears up. I guess you can't mess around with your eyes and all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

ziedth wrote: »
    So I had the delight of spending the 10 of the last 14 hours in A&E and for all the ****e public service workers get I think anyone involved out there it should be doubled.

It was simply crazy last night, on the way in I said to myself that with the majority of students gone it will prob be quiet and TBF it was when we arrived only a few broken bones floating around, then as if they got off work at 3am they came. Scumbags as high as kites and drunkards all floating around telling who thy were fighingt in town.

Two plain clothes garda came and arrested one guy for basically being drugged off his tits, I had one guy tell me in detail how he was fighting in town and then starting on q complete randomer then another guy saying twisted too saying he'd knife anyone who came near him with stiches.

I dunno how many of ya on here have been out there at this time but I will def think twice before I bitch and moan about the staff, they still took ages to get herself a bed though :)

where were the rent a cops?last time i was in there at that time was for the missus too,those feckin lads wrecked my head more then the scobies at that time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

It's probably worth it to pay the money and visit the VHI Swiftcare clinic in Whitfield. You're seen within the hour and don't have to be a member of VHI. You're limited in what they deal with there, but run of the mill stuff is ok.

anplaya wrote: »
    where were the rent a cops?last time i was in there at that time was for the missus too,those feckin lads wrecked my head more then the scobies at that time

No they were from what I could tell undercover cops (one was in a WIT hoody) and didn't look a day over 22. My guess is they were sone kind of drug squad or some very well armed students :)

• Advertisement

No they were from what I could tell undercover cops (one was in a WIT hoody) and didn't look a day over 22. My guess is they were sone kind of drug squad or some very well armed students :)

what i meant where was the security guys at the time?i had enough trouble trying to get in there at 1 in the morning ,as my missus was in a very serious condition,fcukers wouldnt leave me in at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

gscully wrote: »
    It's probably worth it to pay the money and visit the VHI Swiftcare clinic in Whitfield. You're seen within the hour and don't have to be a member of VHI. You're limited in what they deal with there, but run of the mill stuff is ok.
    Did I read that the Swiftcare programme stopped running in Whitfield?

Oh sorry,

Ya they were there alright but they really had their hands full with the various pissheads.

I had a run in with them before myself actually a couple of years ago. They wouldn't let me in to see herself funnily enough, TBF from what I saw last night I'd say you'd have to be a serious tosser to put up with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

I think it would be a good idea to have a separate mini A&E for a the druggies and piss heads. Fortunately I never was there at night, but I can only imagine if someone belonging to me was in a bad situation and had to deal with those d-heads on top of the actual reason of being there.

Did you get any grief from the druggies? Even if you didn't it hardly lends itself to a calming situation

ye i was raging ,i was trying to explain the situation and they were like oh where is she etc i was like i dont know shes been rushed in and i came up etc,took them ages to finally leave me in,i was raging as it was something very serious and i was worried and frightened over it.

just saw dayshahs post,know it was directed at ziedth,but to be fair ,pissheads and druggies there didnt bother me ,they kinda knew to leave me alone as ya could see the state/mood i was in.they werent too pissed up/drugged up to have a bit of common sense unlike the security guys.

• Advertisement

Only ya man telling me about his fight but I could just get a bad vibe off them ya know and I wasn't comfotable by any means and like ya said it's a horrible situation anyway.

Only ya man telling me about his fight but I could just get a bad vibe off them ya know and I wasn't comfotable by any means and like ya said it's a horrible situation anyway.

yeah especially in such tight quarters .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

It can be a frightening place at night, have been there a number of times at night, also spent christmas eve in there when I broke my ankle. Now that was scary and to see the state of them and that was in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Every A&E should have a seperate drunk/druggies block into which only the "d&ds" can go. No family, no friends, no hangers on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Drugs task force?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

wexfjord wrote: »
    Drugs task force?

A lot of undercover Guards operate in that way, its common enough because most people fall for it.

I for one would have def fallen for it, I can't stress how much these two guys looked like students.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Yes but you can spot their cars a mile off. Its a bad sign when someone who is totally removed from the drugs scene can see the drug squad Opel Corsa coming a mile off.

When they confiscate assets through CAB, these should be used in the field by the Gardai. I'm talking about Honda Civics and Range Rovers etc that are popular with criminals.

Back on track though, they should definitely have a separate A+E for those under the influence at a certain time at night. If you want to lose complete faith in humanity, go to Ardkeen at 3am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

They're closing A+Es around the country, so I don't think they'll be providing two in a hospital.

Wouldn't need two, just a partition door that they could pull across at a certain hour of night. Sober-enter through Door A. Under the influence-directed through Door B.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭19.5V

hardybuck wrote: »
    Wouldn't need two, just a partition door that they could pull across at a certain hour of night. Sober-enter through Door A. Under the influence-directed through Door B.

There are many cases of peoples lifestyle leading them to having to attend A&E, smokers, obesity, walking into a door, walking out under a car, drug use, alcohol use , driving too fast, a severe pain caused by years of bad nutrition..........this is life get over it........ anyone who goes to A&E and needs attention got there through a serious of events, a caring society dosen't segregate people who are in need of medical help.

Perhaps you find all this a little to much as it interferes with your little world, you should perhaps move to south africa...........oh no, too late they have moved on from this type of bullcrap. people who can cop-on should,..... which one are you?

19.5V wrote: »
    There are many cases of peoples lifestyle leading them to having to attend A&E, smokers, obesity, walking into a door, walking out under a car, drug use, alcohol use , driving too fast, a severe pain caused by years of bad nutrition..........this is life get over it........ anyone who goes to A&E and needs attention got there through a serious of events, a caring society dosen't segregate people who are in need of medical help.

Perhaps you find all this a little to much as it interferes with your little world, you should perhaps move to south africa...........oh no, too late they have moved on from this type of bullcrap. people who can cop-on should,..... which one are you?

Hold on a second, you think its ok for people to be out of their minds on drink and drugs and to carry on however they like? Its unfair on the doctors, nurses, rent-a-cops, Gardai and patients. Someone who is sober and in need of treatment shouldn't be expected to listen to coked up morons ramble on, get in rows inside A+E and open up the stitches that they got 10 mins previously. When you step outside of the law you expect to forfeit some of your rights in society.

I have a world where I don't expect to have to incounter these sort of people who are completely out of control, and I'd say I'm not the only one either.

How about we both go to South Africa-you can move to the shanties, and I can move to the respectable middle class area, then we can both be in our element.

Hold on a second, you think its ok for people to be out of their minds on drink and drugs and to carry on however they like? Its unfair on the doctors, nurses, rent-a-cops, Gardai and patients. Someone who is sober and in need of treatment shouldn't be expected to listen to coked up morons ramble on, get in rows inside A+E and open up the stitches that they got 10 mins previously. When you step outside of the law you expect to forfeit some of your rights in society.

I have a world where I don't expect to have to incounter these sort of people who are completely out of control, and I'd say I'm not the only one either.

How about we both go to South Africa-you can move to the shanties, and I can move to the respectable middle class area, then we can both be in our element.

And all I had to do was scratch your surface, and look what came out!

Thankfully the doctors, nurses and guards dont adapt your attitude, maybe society need a special door for you to go through when someone dints your ego

What came out was that I believe people who are able to behave themselves shouldn't have to put up with the nonsense caused by drunks and drug addicts. Hardly controversial.

You on the other hand think its ok to be in this condition and act out of control. That is far more worrying.

What came out was that I believe people who are able to behave themselves shouldn't have to put up with the nonsense caused by drunks and drug addicts. Hardly controversial.

You on the other hand think its ok to be in this condition and act out of control. That is far more worrying.

I "on the other hand" did not say it was ok, i did say that ....this is life.

do you drink alcohol?
    do you sample headshop stuff?
    do you talk a little silly when taking alcohol?

if you dont do any of the above i bet you know some one who does

Do I drink-occasionally. When I do I conduct myself properly. I don't put myself in a condition that I'm out of control and a danger to myself and those around me.

Head Shops-certainly not.

I don't accept that I should have to sit for 10 hours in a room with those who can't handle themselves properly and in a civil fashion. I simply expect better. We have gone way backwards as a society when people such as yourself defend this sort of scenario, and tolerate his sort of behaviour.

Hypothetical situation here,
    A friend of yours had a bit too much to drink, walking home he gets a hammering and finds himself in hospital injured and drunk, what next?

19.5V wrote: »
    Hypothetical situation here,
    A friend of yours had a bit too much to drink, walking home he gets a hammering and finds himself in hospital injured and drunk, what next?

If he is abusive to the staff and those around him then he is not a friend of mine.

Do I drink-occasionally. When I do I conduct myself properly. I don't put myself in a condition that I'm out of control and a danger to myself and those around me.

Head Shops-certainly not.

I don't accept that I should have to sit for 10 hours in a room with those who can't handle themselves properly and in a civil fashion. I simply expect better. We have gone way backwards as a society when people such as yourself defend this sort of scenario, and tolerate his sort of behaviour.

hey, you are not sitting in a room for 10 hours because of some drunk, you are sitting there because of government policy

• Advertisement

People get beaten up, murdered, raped, and robbed almost daily in this country THIS IS LIFE, that doesn't mean we should accept it let alone not do anything to try and stop it.

Hardybuck made a valid suggestion and I really don't understand the borderline personal abuse.

Advertisement