Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A&E Madness.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭19.5V

hardybuck wrote: »
    If he is abusive to the staff and those around him then he is not a friend of mine.

Nurses doctors & guards and even your friends change for the worse with alcohol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Ok, and where did I blame the drunk or drug addict for the 10 hour wait? If I must wait 10 hours I just don't want to be around them.

Ironically I've only been there twice and was seen within 30 mins each time for non-serious sports injuries. Must have been lucky...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

19.5V wrote: »
    Nurses doctors & guards and even your friends change for the worse with alcohol

I don't mix with people who can't handle their drink properly. End of.

ziedth wrote: »
    People get beaten up, murdered, raped, and robbed almost daily in this country THIS IS LIFE, that doesn't mean we should accept it let alone not do anything to try and stop it.

Hardybuck made a valid suggestion and I really don't understand the borderline personal abuse.

are you getting a little hysterical?
    Murder, rape !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

No I don't think so,

the point remains the same. If you accept these assholes who cause all this **** when drugged to their eyesballs because it's part of life why not accept everything else?

• Advertisement

No I don't think so,

the point remains the same. If you accept these assholes who cause all this **** when drugged to their eyesballs because it's part of life why not accept everything else?

You are obviously a very lucky not to be related to an asshole who suffers from addiction............I hope the sun continue to shine on you

I had a family member that drank himself to an early grave, bottle of whiskey a day at his peak.

He never so much as raised his voice to anyone.

I rest my case

Well not exactly,

Ya seem to suggest that everyone with an addiction does and can get away with acting the maggot.

The point I'm making is that my family member has bad as he was never went into A&E and kicked up **** with anyone.

Anyway I'm done with this now, I hope you'll be as understanding if sone yon jumps you in town.

I had a family member that drank himself to an early grave, bottle of whiskey a day at his peak.

He never so much as raised his voice to anyone.

You have my sympathy.

here is a little prayer that some folks unlucky to suffer addiction sometimes use to help themselves get through the day.
    You may or may not like it but here it is anyway

God grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change;
    courage to change the things I can;
    and wisdom to know the difference.

• Advertisement

Ya it's the AA prayer right?

Thanks! I think it's better we leave it at that, I hope everything is alright for ya too.

It's a horrible thing to live with and much like the suicide debate that came up here a few months ago that views can strike a nerve.

Ya it's the AA prayer right?

Thanks! I think it's better we leave it at that, I hope everything is alright for ya too.

It's a horrible thing to live with and much like the suicide debate that came up here a few months ago that views can strike a nerve.

Ok ...& thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

What about the root cause of drink related incident's,PUBLICIAN'S ! who serve customers until they cannot walk or talk and then release them onto public street's where garda,medical staff have to clean up their antl social business practice that finances Bentley's,Ferrari's,Bmw's and their mansion's where they are safely tucked up in bed(by their phillippineo underpaid maid)when all the late night crap kick's off.LYNCHWOOD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,687 ✭✭✭✭looksee

What about the root cause of drink related incident's,PUBLICIAN'S ! who serve customers until they cannot walk or talk and then release them onto public street's where garda,medical staff have to clean up their antl social business practice that finances Bentley's,Ferrari's,Bmw's and their mansion's where they are safely tucked up in bed(by their phillippineo underpaid maid)when all the late night crap kick's off.LYNCHWOOD

There's some sweeping statements! The vast majority of publicans are just business people offering a service. They do not lock people in the bars and force-feed them drink.

I kind of lost you after that. The drunks stagger out onto the streets and start dealing drugs? Then drive their expensive cars back to.... Phillipino maids?!! mansions? Which bit of Waterford are we in? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Publicans are under a legal obligation not to serve customers who are intoxicated. The real issues (with alcohol anyway) are a) supermarkets/off-licences selling drink at cost price or even as a loss leader and b) happy-hour/BOGOF/etc. drinks promotions. I'd be surprised if the vast majority of the antisocial issues we see aren't caused by preloading before people even go out.

On the original question about A&E the hospital we used to visit (thankfully rarely) in the UK had a separate A&E for children, this was occasionally used for overspill from the normal A&E but only for people who were clearly sober. The staff used to gear up for the 3 o'clock rush when the clubs kicked out.

SSE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Publicans are under a legal obligation not to serve customers who are intoxicated

This is the line which keeps getting trotted out, but anyone can see it doesn't happen. People do fall out of pubs. People do drink so much they can't even remember what happened that night. Some even seem to think this is a sign of a really good night out. And you can hardly blame pre-loading. That just means they are intoxicated earlier in the pub and they should be refused service earlier than if they weren't pre-loaded.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Publicans are under a legal obligation not to serve customers who are intoxicated.

I've never once seen it happen in the likes of Waterford, I've only ever seen it happen in the local pubs where I live

Kahless wrote: »
    This is the line which keeps getting trotted out, but anyone can see it doesn't happen

Agreed, you have people that can barely stand, talk or get money out of their pockets and they'll still be served
    . People do fall out of pubs. People do drink so much they can't even remember what happened that night. Some even seem to think this is a sign of a really good night out.

Its scary the amount of people that view this outcome as a "good night out", heard it many a time over the years in college in work and frankly its extremely worrying

And you can hardly blame pre-loading. That just means they are intoxicated earlier in the pub and they should be refused service earlier than if they weren't pre-loaded.

Agreed...of course this would be great IF the pubs refused to serve...which they don't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Kahless wrote: »
    This is the line which keeps getting trotted out, but anyone can see it doesn't happen. People do fall out of pubs. People do drink so much they can't even remember what happened that night. Some even seem to think this is a sign of a really good night out. And you can hardly blame pre-loading. That just means they are intoxicated earlier in the pub and they should be refused service earlier than if they weren't pre-loaded.

I couldn't agree with you more, 'tis a custom more honoured in the breach, but at least there is a theoretical control of sorts. As ever in Ireland we don't need more laws but more enforcement. I've seen somebody refused service in town once only, and he was absolutely wasted. In other places I've seen people in pretty much the same condition served with double spirit measures.

SSE

Advertisement