Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Details required for Tenancy Application Form

Options
  • 21-05-2010 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I'm moving house in the next few weeks and have been sent a Tenancy Application Form by the new landlord. A list of things are required to be supplied with the form, references from work and previous landlord etc. One of the items seems a bit strange to me - a copy of a bank statement for 3 months showing capacity to pay rent. Has anyone come across this before?? I haven't moved house in a long time so am not sure if this is standard practice or not. I do have the capacity to pay the rent but don't like the idea of giving my bank statements out! Any advice would be most welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

You can get a reference from your bank which should say something like:

Responsible and trustworthy party, who in our opinion may be considered good for the purposes of your enquiry.

That's what I got from my bank. It's absolutely none of a landlords business what's on your bank statements, they're very private.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

You could remove your account number from the bank letter,get a letter from your employer, i,ve worked here for x amount of time,my weekly salary is x amount.Your landlord has no need to know your account no ,or sort code.Some landlords are dishonest ,you have to be careful.

Advertisement