Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shower water pressure

• 21-05-2010 3:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

I have a triton trance instant heat shower installed in a first floor bathroom ,It requires a minium 1bar mains water pressure to operate correctly, the problem I have is the mains pressure comming into the house on the ground floor is only 1bar so when it gets to the first floor its less than 1bar and the shower wont work,

would a pump on the mains supply to the house resolve this or could I re plumb the shower to feed from the tank in the attic with a booster pump there? what is the best option and what type of pump would i need? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭johnjoe 123

sohappy wrote: »
    I have a triton trance instant heat shower installed in a first floor bathroom ,It requires a minium 1bar mains water pressure to operate correctly, the problem I have is the mains pressure comming into the house on the ground floor is only 1bar so when it gets to the first floor its less than 1bar and the shower wont work,

would a pump on the mains supply to the house resolve this or could I re plumb the shower to feed from the tank in the attic with a booster pump there? what is the best option and what type of pump would i need? Thanks
    sounds like very bad mains pressure i would ask the council pref. a councillor tho about it b4 doing anything. if its the only elec shower u have in the house i would replace it with a tank fed elec shower( change the pipe off the mains and conn. 2 tank theres already a pump in the shower triton t90 r v good). if not i would put on a mixer shower( requires hot and cold feed from hotpress or system) and a monsoon shower pump in hotpress. thats a good set up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sohappy

thanks john joe, dublin city council say they are only required to give 12m min water pressure which I think equals around 1bar, the T90 seems the easiest way to go and pipe it to the attic tank, will have to start saving:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

The simplest way is to buy a 1 bar pump. I think from memory the triton t450i pump does it.... Phone triton they will confirm

This however is a single impeller pump and is connected to the header tank instad of the mains. This will ensure your triton works a peach...

If you log on to the triton site it will confirm the rateing on the pump...

However if you find this a bit expensive you can buy a single impeller 1 bar pump...

Thanks
    Raymond.

Advertisement