Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Super League XV Round 15 21th-23th May

• 21-05-2010 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭

Friday
    St. Helens v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 20:00 SKY

Saturday
    Crusaders RL v Wigan Warriors KO 18:00
    Catalans Dragons v Salford City Reds KO 20:30

Sunday
    Bradford Bulls v Leeds Rhinos KO 16:45 SKY
    Castleford Tigers v Hull FC KO 15:30
    Wakefield Wildcats v Harlequins RL KO 15:30
    Warrington Wolves v Huddersfield Giants KO 15:00

Few good fixtures this weekend, Saints will surely be looking to bounce back big time after last weekend. Hopefully Crusaders can keep up with Wigan, though I'm not expecting it, expecting Wigan to put on 50+ points tbh. Catalans and Salford could go either way. Weird not having a Saturday game on Sky.
    Sunday should be fun though! Bradford and Leeds depends on which teams show up. Both teams at their best, Leeds win. There's always the chance as well that Bradford will have one of those games where they **** themselves every time they see the opponents' line. Cas and Hull could go either way, as could Warrington and Hudds, Wakey and Harlequins again is hard to call with the two of them seemingly going in opposite directions, though I'd lean towards a Harlequins win.

Don't forget the SportGuru! :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Think I'll be tipping along to Odsal to watch the Bulls-Leeds match. Should be a good un!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Think I'll be tipping along to Odsal to watch the Bulls-Leeds match. Should be a good un!

Enjoy, after the first match being a draw they should both be up for it. I hope Leeds can rediscover their form that they seemed to lose at the end of last season.

Enjoy, after the first match being a draw they should both be up for it. I hope Leeds can rediscover their form that they seemed to lose at the end of last season.

Thanks but I really really hope they dont! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Thanks but I really really hope they dont! :P

Who knows whether Dr Jekyll or Mr.Hyde will turn up...no Webb, no peacock either. Still weather should be cracking, nice dry track, should make for a good Derby game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Only getting to the end of the first half of the Bradford/Leeds match, if Leeds win I'm expecting a riot. :pac: How Nero's try was disallowed I'll never know.
    And then Senior going in within a minute, cheeky bastard. :pac:

• Advertisement

The match hurt, really hurt.

Bradford simply not good enough. Granted we were without our first choice half backs but Sykes was just nowhere near good enough.

I'd be happy with a play off place tbh as a Bulls fan.

The match hurt, really hurt.

Bradford simply not good enough. Granted we were without our first choice half backs but Sykes was just nowhere near good enough.

I'd be happy with a play off place tbh as a Bulls fan.

I don't know, think you may be being a little harsh larkin, difficult, very difficult when you're without your main play makers. I think the Bulls will definitely be in the play-offs this season when it all washes out.

As for Leeds, another slow, slow start, too much champagne rugby early on. Isn't it Tony Rea who always says you need to earn the right to go wide, but it seems leeds, too often want to skip the graft and do the fancy stuff straight off the bat.

McGuire was superb, Buderus going well and Eastwood really took it to the Bulls, making some seriously hard yards. Still lightweight up front and I'll be hugely surprised if we get past Wigan in the cup next weekend.

Thought Silverwood's reffing was very poor...some seriously bizarre decisions but ironed themselves out over the 80.

The ref had a shocker but the Nero disallowed try was probably the right decision by the video ref. He saw the replay, saw hands on the back and had little choice.I thought Eastwood was outstanding and Mcguire got his rewards from good support play.Overall a fair result and I'm a little more confident that Leeds will have a better than ok season.

The ref had a shocker but the Nero disallowed try was probably the right decision by the video ref. He saw the replay, saw hands on the back and had little choice.I thought Eastwood was outstanding and Mcguire got his rewards from good support play.Overall a fair result and I'm a little more confident that Leeds will have a better than ok season.

What you reckon to the McGuire disallowed try CDL? Thought Allibert got it wrong myself..

toomevara wrote: »
    What you reckon to the McGuire disallowed try CDL? Thought Allibert got it wrong myself..

I thought that decision was wrong too.It wasn't conclusive that the ball was grounded properly, but I thought the attackers were meant to be given benefit of the doubt? By disallowing it Alibert was saying he could tell it was definitely not grounded properly, which I don't think anyone could conclusively say. Still, Mcguire still got his hat-trick and becomes the second highest scorer in Super League history :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement