Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tala Flat Turntable

Options
  • 21-05-2010 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Is this turntable any good? It is the cheapest I have seen online and am thinking of getting it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Orby wrote: »
    Is this turntable any good? It is the cheapest I have seen online and am thinking of getting it

I never heard of them. But in fairness "cheapest" does not imply "any good".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Orby

Thanks for the reply Slaphead. I should have also included that it is the lightest for shipping which is primarily why I'm interested. Shipping really pushes up the costs.
    Is there any other one that you recommend for a beginner

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭DreamC

You can get a BBQ turntable (serving table, somebody told me that they are called Lazy Suzan)) (they are wooden, like garden furniture) . They should be available in Woody's or Homebase or somewhere else who is selling BBQ and garden furniture stuff. It is a little big bigger that a normal turntable, but then it is more reliable too and convenient for big and heavy cakes.
    I have a cheap plastic turntable that cost me 5 euro. :) That does not affect the quality of my cakes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Ikea is selling lazy susans of about 16" diameter for 6 euro at the moment, really sturdy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭tscul32

I know loads who use the Ikea lazy susan for cake decorating

• Advertisement
Advertisement