Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ways to give mental health support group a spark?

• 21-05-2010 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

Involved with one and membership is declining and the personnel are the same, the group is stagnating.....with a distinct lack of newness. I can't be more specific as groups are by their nature confidential and peer led, but I just thought I'd throw it out there in general and see if there's any ideas that could improve group dynamic.
    Tanx!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Cinful

Construct and convene focus group. Prior to first meeting, develop interview guide to address your problem (s). Composition: half current members (n=6), and half prospective members (n=6), for N=12. You may wish to consider using an outside facilitator/moderator?

Useful link for methods: http://www.extension.iastate.edu/publications/pm1969b.pdf

Advertisement