Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Motorbike slot on Motor Mouth on Newstalk

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Motor Mouth: Daragh

Thanks for all of the recommendations, and keep them coming in;

Tony will be on from after the 11 o'clock news for the first Motorbike slot.

Be good,
    Daragh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Harleyfatbob

Could you ask Tony about why Harley riders get a lot of stick from other bikers ?

also what make is the best flip helmet out there - want something very safe / quiet / and light

thanks

Harley Boy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Could you ask Tony about why Harley riders get a lot of stick from other bikers ?

also what make is the best flip helmet out there - want something very safe / quiet / and light

thanks

Harley Boy

can open

worms

EVERYWHERE

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 451 ✭✭thetyreman

thanks

Harley Boy

The Answer is in the Question...:) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Is Tony the same fella that writes in the Bike Buyers Guide?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Harleyfatbob

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Is Tony the same fella that writes in the Bike Buyers Guide?

Yeah he is - nreally decent bloke to be honest

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Cant believe I missed this thread! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

faceman wrote: »
    Cant believe I missed this thread! :(

use the listenback link on page 2...

it's gonna be on every monday...

Okay, I'm back off my holidays - so sorry for not updating in a couple of weeks.

Tonight we'll be looking at car finance, motorsports, bikes and more.

If you have any finance queries let us know either through this page, by email, motormouth@newstalk.ie or you can text 53106.

We'll have a couple of competitions tonight aswell, we'll be handing out karting tickets for Dublin and Limerick in the first hour and for the bikers who listen we'll be handing out a pair of Sartso Killer jeans worth €169 (thanks to these guys www.sartso.com)in the second hour. - The winner can even pick their own style and sizes.

Be good,
    Daragh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭210

Very good - will be tuning in on monday next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,533 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Listened to the show last night (more by accident to be honest) and really enjoyed it. Unbelievable that there aren't really any financing options available for people wishing to buy a motorcycle any more. That's a real death-knoll for the bike shops in this country. Sounds like we're a dying breed.

Wrong forum, but the nine year old taxi rule is interesting too. Obviously an effort to get the newly arrived taxi drivers out of the market. However, having been in two taxis in the last year that broke down, there are positives to this too.

Yeah it's a pity there's no real bike financing options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Yeah it's a pity there's no real bike financing options.

Both a pitty and a good thing, otherwise, I'd be in debt up to my eyeball's. :D

hobochris wrote: »
    Both a pitty and a good thing, otherwise, I'd be in debt up to my eyeball's. :D

So would I :pac:

Next week on the biker section of the show we're hoping to get stories as to why bikers do what they do. Why in rain, hail, sleet snow does a biker still go out?

What is it about biking that makes you go for a ride without a destination in mind?

Also, we'll be looking for any general biking stories - about breakdowns, funny scenarios, road rage, bikers code, anything you want to let us know.

If your interested our email is motormouth@newstalk.ie or you can post some stories here.

Ádh Mór,
    Daragh

Advertisement