Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30 a week

Options
  • 21-05-2010 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭

i am very broke this week as have bills and rent. i have 30 euro left to myself..
    any ideas on how to live on 30 euro a week?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Considering the forum you've posted in you're likely to only receive advice on how not to spend it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

big box of tesco cereal and tesco milk, big bag of tesco pasta and tesco sauce = food for the week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

bryanjf wrote: »
    big box of tesco cereal and tesco milk, big bag of tesco pasta and tesco sauce = food for the week

Very little protien or the essential 5 a day crack were constantly hearing about in in that though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭dermothickey

Porridge, Milk, brown bread, tins of tuna fish, tomatoes, onions bag of spuds, beans, eggs, soups, frozen fish or burgers, you can do o.k on 30 euro a week trust me, just be wise.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

1 person food for a week is very do-able for 30e, shop wisely....dermothickey covered what you need all very cheap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭rh5555

I lived of E18-20 for several weeks. That was only for drink and food ofcourse but e30 would have been close to luxury for me at that time:).
    Tesco Value is your friend if you are low on cash. White bread 55cents. 6 Apples 1.29. 7 bananas for 1.30 or so. Lots of other Tesco value stuff out there whic in my opinion is not much worse than the normal Tesco brand.

As I said you can also get some inexpensive fruits and veg. E20 is plenty and it was very easy for me but I am very adaptable and can lower my expenses fairly easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

30 euro is not bad at all really. You'd get a few chicken breasts, box of cereal, 2ltr milk, pasta or noodles, sauce, bread, cheese, dilute drink, yogurts to last the week. Especially somewhere like Tesco where there are always special offers on various items. I spend 50-70 euro a week on food, and that's for two of us, and we always have more than enough - and this is from a pair that really like to eat :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭i.need.a.job

thanks for the help guys .. i kno 30 euro isnt bad ata ll food wise but im a smoker also so that has to cover ciggarettes and all....!!!!!! i shall have to prioritise me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Very little protien or the essential 5 a day crack were constantly hearing about in in that though!
    aldi sell big bags of mixed veg, here is where you will have the benefit
    if you have a freezer you could make a bulk of some
    there is beans on toast
    eggs, rice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

thanks for the help guys .. i kno 30 euro isnt bad ata ll food wise but im a smoker also so that has to cover ciggarettes and all....!!!!!! i shall have to prioritise me thinks

Stop smoking.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭will1977

Youll get 60 fags with that, happy days :D Who needs food ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,085 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

will1977 wrote: »
    Youll get 60 fags with that, happy days :D Who needs food ;)

Make a bow and some arrows, cash-flow sorted..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭bongi69

This post has been deleted.
    Cut my weekly smoking bill by over half by switching to Rollie. You can get rizla filters for €1 for a box of 120 if you need them, and if you can't roll you can get a rolling machine for about a fiver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Well when I was a smoker 30 Euros wouldn't cover the smokes alone. Give them up. You won't know yourself. Plus you'll have so much more money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

rh5555 wrote: »
    I lived of E18-20 for several weeks. That was only for drink and food ofcourse but e30 would have been close to luxury for me at that time:).
    Tesco Value is your friend if you are low on cash. White bread 55cents. 6 Apples 1.29. 7 bananas for 1.30 or so. Lots of other Tesco value stuff out there whic in my opinion is not much worse than the normal Tesco brand.

As I said you can also get some inexpensive fruits and veg. E20 is plenty and it was very easy for me but I am very adaptable and can lower my expenses fairly easily.

odd bits in lidl/aldi also.... mix and match, also Lots of the asian shops have 2 liter of milk for like 1.29 or something like that.

pay attention and the pennys go a tiny bit further.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

30 Euro no Problem for a week of Luxury eating.
    Lets see:
    Lidl 12 chicken Drumsticks 2.49.
    Lidl Indionesian Noodle stir fry 2.49.
    Dunnes dr Oatker pizza 2.00
    lidl Beef Burgers 2.29
    Aldi salmon Fillets 3.49
    Aldi fresh lamb chops 3.50
    Lidl onion rings 0.99.
    Lidl chips 0.89.
    Lidl Mushrooms 0.99
    Lidl bread 0.49
    Lidl 5 tins of soup 2.50
    Lidl cornettos 6 pack 2.68
    Lidl romeo bars 1.19
    LIdl frozen veg 1.69
    Aldi frozen mash 2 bags 240

All that covers starter desert and main course:).

Advertisement