Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

alphabetty spaghetti training log

• 21-05-2010 4:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭

Ok so....
    well short term goal: WW200
    Excuses for possible failure: lack of a functioning bike, My usual lack of motivation.
    Hopeful optimism: I'm really enjoying cycling, my frame will arrive ASAP and i can get some serious climbing in.

Long term goal: Race with any amount of success.

Unfortunately this log won't be going anywhere until my frame arrives.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

ALLEZ, ALLEZ, ALLEZ :)

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

Inaugural trip out for the latest iteration of my road bike. Very enjoyable.
    Couple of things i wanted to note:
    -HRM is invaluable when you want to measure how much you hate something.
    -A little encouragement goes a long way "thanks Mike"
    -Boards spins are more fun with a coffee break

Avg speed 23.5
    Ride time 4:05
    Dist 96.4
    Avg hr 136
    Max hr 214 (inaccurate- Likely way too high)
    ascent 1200

I'm not fit enough to race yet, but i decided today that i definitely want to give it a stab.

Edit- Bladed spokes make a very pleasing hum when they spin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Max HR 214???????? Did you have any heart attack while we were going uphill that we missed?

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Max HR 214???????? Did you have any heart attack while we were going uphill that we missed?
    yeah i thought it sounded high alright... would like to be able to see where it was that i got it

First attempt at a proper spin since being away yesterday went dreadfully. Had been hoping for about 100km and 1000m climbing. but got to Johnny foxes and my legs were in a bad way. possibly from cycling to clontarf on my FG the day before or just due to the time i had been off the bike. either way i came home shattered and a bit disappointed.

Avg speed: 19.9
    Ride time: 3.09
    Dist: 63
    Avg hr: 146
    Max hr:178
    ascent: ~300

• Advertisement
Advertisement