Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Desire / HD2 / SE Xperia or iPhone???

Options
  • 21-05-2010 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭

Of the above phones what would people recommend?

Whats the difference between the Desire and the HD2?

Which of these would have the best camera including flash?

All around the 200 mark on the plan i'm thinking of moving to so price not really an issue.

The main thing i'd probably use the phone for other than the usual would probably be gmail, eBay and maybe a few other sites such as here and ticketmaster.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Of the above phones what would people recommend?

Whats the difference between the Desire and the HD2?

Which of these would have the best camera including flash?

All around the 200 mark on the plan i'm thinking of moving to so price not really an issue.

The main thing i'd probably use the phone for other than the usual would probably be gmail, eBay and maybe a few other sites such as here and ticketmaster.
    Gmail and Android go in hand to hand. They are perfectly integrated so I would narrow it down to either the Desire or the Xperia X10.

The best camera however is on the Xperia X10 but that said the Camera on the Desire and HD2 is pretty good as well, exact same as far as I know.

The HD2 runs on Windows Mobile 6.5 which only has about 3 months left before turning extinct. Windows phone 7 is being released in September and it won't be getting an (official) update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

The HD2 runs on Windows Mobile 6.5 which only has about 3 months left before turning extinct. Windows phone 7 is being released in September and it won't be getting an (official) update.

What are you smoking? :P:confused:
    There are still new phones coming out with wm 6.1!
    The HD2 etc are proof that 6.5 is only beginning to reach its fullest potential - just you wait until SPB Softwarehouse unleash Mobile Shell 5 !

On the other hand, there IS no windows phone 7 handset out yet.

Man, I have an old Treo 750 that runs wm5. It has zero probs with any current wm apps, and at almost 4 years it can still kick many of today's smartphones' butt.

In a nutshell: boooh :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Best camera go for xperia - Android 1.6 UI

easy UI desire - Android 2.1

customising, modding HD2 - Sense UI is great and easy to use than just the normal windows

want loads of apps get the iPhone - useless battery life , very limited

Advertisement