Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

lightinthebox cycling clothing..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

chinese knock-offs.....might be nothing wrong with them but just as long as you realise it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

kinda of figured that, might be better spending the extra quid getting the real stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

I have been tempted myself in the past, just not sure how good the padding is going to be in those bib shorts.....could be worth the 50-60$ to try it and then tell everyone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭stevie_b

i know someone who got some kit from them. the sizing is a bit strange, as in the jerseys would fit ok, but the shorts/tights would be too loose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

I thought there was nothing sadder than a fat hairy bloke on a hybrid in full US Postal gear. Turns out there might be: somewhere out there rides a fat hairy bloke on a hybrid in fake US Postal gear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭DualFrontDiscs

niceonetom wrote: »
    Turns out there might be: somewhere out there rides a fat hairy bloke on a hybrid in fake US Postal gear.
    Fat, hairy bloke on a hybrid naked?

DFD*

*DefendingFrontalDisguises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Fat, hairy bloke on a hybrid naked?

No, still not as bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

niceonetom wrote: »
    I thought there was nothing sadder than a fat hairy bloke on a hybrid in full US Postal gear. Turns out there might be: somewhere out there rides a fat hairy bloke on a hybrid in fake US Postal gear.
    That could be me
    Except i'm not hairy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭DaveR1

I have bought a few Jerseys from China.... They actually seem pretty real, even have "MADE IN ITALY" on the labels!!!
    I am pretty happy having looked at the exact same team gear in my local bike shop that you cannot tell the difference!
    ARE THEY "REAL"?? Probably not but the quality is so good it is definitely worth it. You can get jersey and shorts for half the price of a jersey in Ireland. I feel that its a waste of money buying "REAL" jerseys when the quality from China/lightinthebox/ebay is so good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭8kvscdpglqnyr4

I agree with you Dave.

I bought from them twice in the past and both times the products I received were excellent. I know it's a knock-off ... but you can't argue with the quality. If you have issues with knock-off goods, then don't buy from them.

I have some genuine gear I bought in my LBS (Barloworld kit) and I have Discovery Kit from Lightinbox.com here in front of me right now and it's hard to tell the difference in quality!
    My LBS was 3 times the price! I have put it through the wash countless times and it's done thousands of km's and no problems yet.

I did a bit of research before buying ... the sizes I get from them is one size larger than I'd buy in Ireland (e.g. I'm Large in my LBS but when I order with Lightinthebox, I'm X-Large).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭goldencleric

Friend of mine got some, fair enough they are knock offs but the quality is good and they come with ykk zips and all so for that money I think I'll get some myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

i presume better getting the BIB shorts elsewhere as the padding may not be the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭8kvscdpglqnyr4

ipodrocker wrote: »
    i presume better getting the BIB shorts elsewhere as the padding may not be the best.
    I think the padding is excellent on all shorts I bought from them. Equivalent to anything I've bought in my LBS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Friend of mine got some, fair enough they are knock offs but the quality is good and they come with ykk zips and all so for that money I think I'll get some myself!

Surely if they are willing to produce knock off clothing they may also be willing to produce knock off zips... just a though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Surely if they are willing to produce knock off clothing they may also be willing to produce knock off zips... just a though.

thats exact same thought I had about them :D:D

I was in China few times in last few years - their knockoffs of every brand name in the world are excellent. Clothes, leather belts, bags, shoes - whether they were the geniune article that "fell off the back of the truck leaving the factory" or copies I don't know but you couldn't see a single difference between them and the mega prices equivalents in BTs

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

I need a new jersey and was looking at all the options too.

Do I get a knock off from china for euro30-40 or buy a genuine one from wiggle/crc for 50-60e. (team jersey)

Seeing as i will prob have it for 2+ years and will wash it countless times - I still think having the genuine article is better. For the sake of a few euro I would personally prefer to have a genuine jersey.

And the notes about the sizes - would put me off them with returns etc.

but thats just me :)

K

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭happygoose

For those interested in cheap gear BMC are selling off some stuff, its not Hincapie, but the quality is alright, I got a set last week. For less than €50 inc P&P you can't go wrong.

http://www.bmc-racing.com/shop/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

I bought some stuff from this crowd in China and thought the quality was excellent. The pad says "Coolmax" and seems to be the real thing (or at least as good as the real thing!). £30 delivered for shirt and shorts set is hard to beat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭SubLuminal

Most of the stuff is prolly made in the exact same factories anyway - would explain the quality.

A few years "what hifi" magazine ran an article on the "best hifi under £500" or something similar (bear with me, i'm going somewhere with this) - they were amazed to find that a "tescos" own brand hifi that cost something like £150, to their trained ears and pricey equipment, was keeping surpassing much more expensive equipment, and seemed about equal to an £800 denon thingy they had reviewed some months earlier. Curiousity got the better of them and they just had to know how, so they took both apart and were amazed to discover that internally, they were the exact same hifi. Same components, same factory, the same. Turns out the place in china who'd produced the ones for Denon just slapped a new box around the parts and kept making them.

It could very well be that the places making "official" jerseys and shorts just leave the machines on at night, so to speak, and the extra run-on's they just sell themselves. Would explain the quality being the same. Because it would be the same.

As for official, its all the same to me where its made/where you get it unless its given to you when you join the team. Then it's real. Anything else is a copy, who cares who its copied by? Its not a horse, it doesnt have racing pedigree.. (as long as the quality is good.)

Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, sometimes its the only place to get 'old' kit that isn't in the bike shop anymore - I always thought the old CRC kits looked feckin' awesome, but never thought I'd be able to get one, until I saw that link.. now all I need is the money!

In unrelated news, I saw an old lady in full 2010 An Post gear in phoenix park the other day, including the cap. She was riding some kind of hybrid. More power to her, I say! Brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,461 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

bet the vermarc jerseys dont have the vermarc logo zip pull though ;)

everything like that is subbed out to china anyway - and that last ebay shop is the price i want to pay for knock offs i actually think light in the box is too expensive

• Advertisement
Advertisement