Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dineer tonight in town ... last minute recommendations??

Options
  • 21-05-2010 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

hi all
    wedding anniversery today !! going to head into town about 8 pm can only stay for a couple of hours. we almost never eat in the city, does anyone know of a nice restaurant with a recession priced menu? dont mind paying about 25 e each for a 3 course meal
    any recommendations ?

Comments

Zaks in Marboro Street, lovely grub and reasonably priced, early bird menu is excellent. Nice quite sort of place too, bordering ish on romantic I suppose. Happy anniversary :)

Edit: Early Bird menu ends at 7.30pm
    http://www.zaksrestaurant.ie/menu.aspx?menuid=8258
    €30 each on the evening menu would get 3 courses, true romantics would share the lovely brownie they do for desert. To be honest I'm not a small dude and I'd struggle to eat 3 courses in there, they give a good feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

thanks rover. we settled on the cornstore , having read a few recommendations here. i agree, nice place lovely staff. busy and good atmosphere , but im sorry to say thumbs down for the food.:( we ate pil pil to start, crab risotto and calamari. all nicely presented but just no great taste. would nt return. 60 euro not well spent.
    will have to try your recommendation next time rover james !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

thanks rover. we settled on the cornstore , having read a few recommendations here. i agree, nice place lovely staff. busy and good atmosphere , but im sorry to say thumbs down for the food.:( we ate pil pil to start, crab risotto and calamari. all nicely presented but just no great taste. would nt return. 60 euro not well spent.
    will have to try your recommendation next time rover james !

Try the Strasbourg Goose next time. 20€ for a three course (not including wine), taste is unreal. Small restaurant so you need to book a bit in advance and they are closed Mondays. They are just off Paul St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Or the next time try the Market Lane on Oliver Plunkett St. Great food, reasonable priced even if you go a la carte rather than the set menu which is E25 before 8pm I think. Might have to queue for a table, but usually isn't that long.

Can recommend the prawn pasta, or the haddock. If you like meat, then the steaks are excellent, according to hubby! ;)

Or the next time try the Market Lane on Oliver Plunkett St. Great food, reasonable priced even if you go a la carte rather than the set menu which is E25 before 8pm I think. Might have to queue for a table, but usually isn't that long.

Can recommend the prawn pasta, or the haddock. If you like meat, then the steaks are excellent, according to hubby! ;)
    indeed, market lane is a great spot with a yum menu. Tried greens just there for dinner, was nice but very d4 clientele i thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

yes heard greeenes was v. good . thanks all for suggestions .

Advertisement