Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeff Devine Academy Street closed down?

Options
  • 21-05-2010 5:40pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I just got a text thanking me for my custom at Jeff Devine Academy Street, and that it has closed down and the stylists moved to the Wilton branch! Does anyone know any more about this? It was always busy when I was there. What about the academy, does anyone know? They had fantastic prices, and I'm due to get my hair done in the next couple of weeks :(.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Faith wrote: »
    I just got a text thanking me for my custom at Jeff Devine Academy Street, and that it has closed down and the stylists moved to the Wilton branch! Does anyone know any more about this? It was always busy when I was there. What about the academy, does anyone know? They had fantastic prices, and I'm due to get my hair done in the next couple of weeks :(.

Closed since the start of May.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

The lease and furniture are advertised for sale in the window...and it says the stylists have moved to the Wilton salon. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

I'd like to know this too. Wondering if the training school is gone for good?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

sunnyside wrote: »
    I'd like to know this too. Wondering if the training school is gone for good?

It is :(. I phoned the Wilton branch earlier and they said it's ceased trading completely. Bloody pain in the ass trying to find somewhere new for classes! Toni & Guy didn't have a vacancy until the end of June, D'arcy's said they call you if they want you, eventually ended up getting an appointment in Guapa on Tuckey street. Unfortunately most places do cuts and colours on different days too :(. That was one of the great things about the Academy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

It is :(. I phoned the Wilton branch earlier and they said it's ceased trading completely. Bloody pain in the ass trying to find somewhere new for classes! Toni & Guy didn't have a vacancy until the end of June, D'arcy's said they call you if they want you, eventually ended up getting an appointment in Guapa on Tuckey street. Unfortunately most places do cuts and colours on different days too :(. That was one of the great things about the Academy.

Recession:( but thank you for the info, I don't know of anywhere else that's reliable for classes either.

• Advertisement
Advertisement