Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Circus History

Options
  • 21-05-2010 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for some books on circuses. The history of them stuff like that. But i'm having trouble finding any. Has anyone any recommendations?

I'm not sure what section of the library/bookshop to check. I tried the history section in a bookshop yesterday but found no luck.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Moving to History & Heritage. You're far more likely to get useful replies there and the Literature forum is intended for, well, literature:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

You could try looking at ads which would have appeard in newspapers over the years and see if there were any articles on circuses.

You could also use the 'sources search' on the National Library website nli.ie and search by keyword.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

Thanks for that I found exactly what I was after in the National Library

Advertisement